Your pain isn't like anyone else's, and science is homing in on better treatments. Read about the newest ways to break pain's grip.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Winter’s Big Books

Message 1 of 19
I am Reading Dan Godwin's The Final Jubilee. It is a study of the book Of Revelations.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 19

Thank You for all the neat responses, I’ve so enjoy seeing what everyone’s reading with lots of great suggestions.  My reading list is getting longer. 

Happy reading, 

Judy. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 19

For 2019, my local city library book club had our group start the year reading "The Tattooist of Auschwitz". 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 19

A great winter read is the very thoughtful and thoroughly researched book by Historian David Blight, Frederick Douglass: Prophet of Freedom.  It is a doorstop size book, but great for the winter and excellent for conversation over coffee.  Much of what Douglass spoke and wrote about is very relevant in today's environment.

Chuck Arning

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 19

Just finished her other book The Nightingale. Really enjoyed. Looking forward to trying this one. Thanks for sharing.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 19

Just finished The Nightingale. Can’t wait for the movie they say they’re making for this! Thanks for sharing your reads - I’ve already saved some of your recommendations to my Goodreads to read.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 19
A friend passed along a couple of books...The Orphan Train...historically correct. A sad time in our history but an interesting read. I couldn't put it down.
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 19

Highly recommend joining (or Starting) a book club. I love to read historical fiction and being in this club has expanded the type of books that I now enjoy.  Sometimes we have books that I do not enjoy but learn something from the members who did enjoy the book. Sometimes I have great AHA! moments when I totally see a story in a whole new meaning. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 19

I'm currently reading Becoming by Michele Obama.  It's an excellent book about her humble beginnings to our First Lady, who happens to be African American. The wording is easy and thought provoking in some ways. Excellent book to pass through the wintertime. 

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 19
The Great Alone is depressing and upsetting and yet depicts reality and frightening bond (of love?) between abuser and abused in a marital type relationship. The mother did protect the daughter in the end!
Kudos
Views