Get the information you need to help care for your eyes at the AARP Eye Center. Visit it today!

Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What's everyone reading?

Message 71 of 9,896

I loved that book.  I only read hardcovered books since most of the books I read are in the 400 & up pgs. and paperbacks of that size are hard to read while eating.  Also, they don't hold up well.

But that's just one of my quirks (of many)

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 9,896

I just finished The Nightingale (Hardcover) by Kristin Hannah.  It about the French covert reistance to the NAZI take over of their Country.

Well written and well worth reading.

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 9,896

@doglvr  I love Philippa Gregory.

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 9,896

I got completely carried away with English history, via Philippa Gregory.  Read all her books.  Maybe I should get started on French history.  However my son informed me he bought 10 books of a series by Robert Jordan.

I wish I could read a book with each eyeball, although I'm doing pretty good reading My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell you She's Sorry by Fredrik Backman, and, also, Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind.

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 9,896

Have just startd The Enemies of Versailles by Sallie Christie.  Fun and  somewhat light reading.  Learning a bit more about French history than I knew before.  French history has never been my favorite  and this is a fun way to learn..  Not too surprising the revolution followed soon after Louis XV.

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 76 of 9,896

Just started

First Frost.

Sarah Addison Allen

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 9,896

Oh Boy!  Now you are into one of my favorites!  Author C.J Box and his Joe Pickett series.  I really like these a lot.  The author has lived all his life in Wyoming, so writes with great personal knowledge of all things Wyoming.  Great stories and character development.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 78 of 9,896

I've read all the Sue Grafton books in order over a number of years and when she passed away, just shortly after I'd finished Y is for Yesterday, I thought, she must have been ailing when she wrote it and that explained why it just dragged on and on and on.  There was so much in that book that didn't make a lot of sense and it was a sad end to her series.  Still, no wish to criticize her, I did enjoy the majority of the Kinsey Milhone series.

I've been reading the Joe Pickett books, a series about a game warden in Wyoming, by C. J. Box.  There are things I don't like and things I do, the author is currently up to the sixteenth in the series, having released about one a year, going back to about 2001.  I've read the first ten and liked the tenth one the best of all.  

I've started The Secret History by Donna Tartt, we'll see.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 79 of 9,896

So many people love Sue Grafton books and I am one of them.  I felt awful that she couldn't do the Z letter because all I could think of was zebras & wondered what she was coming up with.  Unfortunately, she couldn't finish the series because of her death but I wonder what Martin's excuse is for not giving us the last 2 Game of Thrones which he had promised.

I read the 5 and then, like everyone else, was left dangling.

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 80 of 9,896

Am reading P is for Peril.  This is book number 16 in Sue Grafton's series of mysteries.  Each of her book titles starts with a letter of the alphabet.  The first one was A is for Alibi,, and so on.  The continuing character is a female,  twice divorced, former cop, private investigator.

Grafton's last alphabet based book ends with "Y" - as that one was published in August last year - She died last December.  RIP Sue.  You'll always be around thru people like me enjoying your books.

Kudos
Views