Getting ready to enroll in Medicare? AARP’s Medicare Made Easy has the resources you need to help you make the right choices.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What's everyone reading?

Message 341 of 9,922

The book I'm reading now is "Eye of The Beholder: Johannes Vermeer,Antoni Van Leeuwenhoek,The Revolution of Seeing" by Laura Snyder.

This is a fascinating book about 17th century Holland,the discovery of optics such as tiny microscopes , how Veneer and Leeuwenhoek used this new technology in the way they painted. This book is part science&history,I can't put the book down. Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 342 of 9,922

I am re-reading all of my David Eddings books - they are fantastic fantasy books with the usual theme of good trying to over come evil.  Once I re-read these books I will get back to reading all the ebooks that I haven't read.

Lindy Witz
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 343 of 9,922

@VaBluebird51 wrote:

The Secret Chord by Geraldine Brooks

I love Geraldine Brooks & this is a must read for me.  Thank you!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 344 of 9,922

The book I'm reading now is "The Favored Child" by Phillpa Gregory. The story is set in the 18th century in England,2 young children,cousins Julie and Richard are growing up together in the Wildacre Estate but only one is the true heir to the Lacey.

I like historical  novels and so far this book is good. I've read a couple other books by the author,like the way she writes. Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 345 of 9,922

Hi Janese,

Doc is about Doc Holliday, his girlfriend & the Earp brothers.  I just ordered several more books from the library by Mary Doria Russell, I enjoyed her writing, it was easy and relaxing reading to end stressful days!!

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 346 of 9,922

Glad to hear you are still keeping up on your reading.  What is Doc about?  I'm currently reading Absolute Power by David Baldacci.  I love everything he has written.  Just finished Murder at the Ooera by Margaret Truman.  Her books all take place in DC and they always remind me of my visits there.  I have been very busy. Lately but will answer your private message soon.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 347 of 9,922

I am currently reading Doc by Mary Doria Russell.  Very enjoyable, I like her writing and have ordered another one of her books from the library.

Janese, I have not moved!!  Phone & address still the same.  But I would like to move, and I have the town picked out.  Cant do it for a while though. 

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 348 of 9,922
Hi willful,
I discovered Ashley Gardner when I discovered I could get free ebooks from B&N for my Nook. I cannot remember how many I go free(or really cheap) and got hooked on them (I really am more of a Sci/Fi - Fantasy reader - my escape from real life). My income is fixed so I have to be real careful about how much money I spend. I get a lot of free books or ones that just cost $.99 or no more than $4 or $5. In a bit I will be posting a link to a website where you can get books for free.
Lindy Witz
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 349 of 9,922

Hi IS9270 - I'll put Ashley Gardner on my list of authors to look into.  I do like mysteries a lot.  Have read most of the books by Baldacci, C.J. Box, Clancy, Connelly, Cornwell,Crichton, Demille, Grisham, Kellerman, Lescroat, Patterson and S. King - as well as many lesser known writers.

My favorite mystery writer is Stephen White.  He is a clinical psychologist/author living in Colorado.  His main character in most of his books is a clinical psychologist living in Colorado.  He really knows whereof he writes. Smiley Happy

Happy Reading

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 350 of 9,922
Since you like mysteries you may want to check out the "Captain Lacey" mysteries by Ashley Gardner. There are 12 books so far and I know another one is in the works. I have started to post reviews of the books I read.
Lindy Witz
Kudos
Views