Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly

Re: What's everyone reading?

Message 341 of 10,034

I could not get into the book about the History of Tea,I gave up after 60pgs.The writer was too detailed found it to be quite boring,oh well

The next one on my list is"My Bookstore" edited by Ronald Rice and Booksellers across the country.

91 authors have written essays about their favorite places to browse,read and shop.This should be interesting.

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Message 342 of 10,034

Presently I am reading:

All The Light We Cannot See, By: Anthony Doerr.

Marvelous Book !

I enjoy his discriptions of the two lives he compares durring WWII.

Marie-Laure & Werner.

Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 343 of 10,034

The book I'm about to read is"The Extraordinary Story of the World's Favorite Drink,Tea' by Roy Moxhim. I've been a life long tea drinker,will be interested to learn what author has to say.Sue

Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 344 of 10,034

Since my last post,I've read these books:

1.Neither Snow or Rain,a History of U. S. POstal System by Devin Leonard,interesting&fascinating,didin't realize it was started by Ben Franklin

2."The Abundance",narrative essays old and New by Annie Dillard, like the way she writes.My church minister is a fan of hers,got me hooked

3. 2 mystery books by Peter Robinson,"All The Colors of The Darkness","Children of the Revolution",featuring Inspector Alan Banks

4."Halleuijah,Anyways"-Anne LaMott ,her latest book how we should embrace Mercy. I've read most of her books,like her sense of humor,prefer her non-fiction books

At the moment,I'm reading JD Robb { aka Nora Roberts}'Memory in Death',love these futuristic'in death' series books. I've read most of them,well written with some humor,with same characters Lt Eve Dallas,her multi millionaire husband,Roarke,Eve's police partner,Delia Peabody among others.

Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 345 of 10,034

@doglover52  I am almost finished reading The Violinist of Venice by Alyssa Palombo.  Very enjoyable and I am glad you recommended it.  The author has a new book coming soon, The Most Beautiful Woman in Florence: A Story of Botticelli. 

Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 346 of 10,034

The book I'm about to start is "Neither Snow Nor Rain:History of the U.S. Postal Service" by Devin Leonard. Sue 

Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 347 of 10,034

I just finished reading"The Legends Club" about 3 legendary college basketball coaches, Dean Smith,Jim Valvano and Mike Krzyzewski. I loved this book,fascinating read.I,was wiping away tears,when author wrote about deaths of JimValvano and Dean Smith,2 coaches I really liked. I highly recommend this book Sue

Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 348 of 10,034

The book I'm about to start is "The Legends Club:An Epic College Basketball Rivarly" by sports writer John Feinstein. The book is the decade long rivarly  of 3 well know college basketball coaches,late Dean Smith of North Carolina,Jim Valvano coach of N.Carolina State and Mike Krzyzewski coach at Duke.

I have been a UNC 'Tar Heel' basketball fan for yrs,had the utmost respect for late Dean Smith,ditto for late coach Jim Valvano coach at NC State. As for Mike K,never liked him or his team,comes across as arrogant and full of himself.

I've read other books by the author,this will be an interesting read

Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 349 of 10,034

I finished Malcolm Nance's timely book'The Plot to Hack America", was published 2 months before the 2016 Presidential election.I liked it& recommend it if you are interesting in learning how the Russians hacked the Dem Party server and others.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 350 of 10,034

Penny Sartori's Wisdom of Near Death Experiences  chronicles her years of study as a nurse in the intensive care unit.  Another person who hooked me with her singular charm in a podcast.  I have been aware of her work for many years but listening to her is what sold the book!  Actually the book was a Christmas gift for my mother but the print is light & not easy to read so perhaps after her next cataract surgery she can attempt it. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards.

Solve your favorite crosswords on AARP Games to earn AARP Rewards points. Try your hand at the Daily Crossword, the Mini Crossword, and Let’s Crossword, the new member game you can play with family and friends. Play Now.