Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: What's everyone reading?

Message 211 of 9,987

I just listened to Jacob T. Marley on Audible, and, folks, this is a new Christmas classic!  It is the backstory to "A Christmas Carol" and is an amazing little gem of a book.  There is just so much more to the story than we were led to believe.  It's a great read, but an even better listen with narrator Simon Vance.  Don't miss it!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 212 of 9,987

I got through "Y is for Yesterday" but it was full of thoroughly unlikeable teenagers who became thoroughly unlikeable adults.  I also realized how much detail Sue Grafton put into this book that was nothing but filler.  However, I read on, I've read them all and am waiting to see how she closes out with Z.  Also, read a speculative rumor that she's going to keep Kinsey going by using numbers.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 213 of 9,987

If you love science as I do, you will love Sam Keane's The Disappearing Spoon.  It is about the development of the periodic table, which does not sound interesting, but when you hear the human stories behind the elements, it is!  I also recently read Radium Girls, a heartbreaking true story of science gone wrong.  I told their story to my students many times when I was still teaching.  Greed leads some people to do terrible things to their employees and this is a classic example.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 214 of 9,987

If you love science as I do, you will love Sam Keane's The Disappearing Spoon.  It is about the development of the periodic table, which does not sound interesting, but when you hear the human stories behind the elements, it is!  I also recently read Radium Girls, a heartbreaking true story of science gone wrong.  I told their story to my students many times when I was still teaching.  Greed leads some people to do terrible things to their employees and this is a classic example.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 215 of 9,987

At the present I'm reading Karen Kingsbury series.  She writes meaningful books for the entire family to read.  I share these with my daughter Liza.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 216 of 9,987

MY next book is Daisy Goodwin's Victoria.  I am also reading Forbidden Science by Jacques Vallee and Bill Bryson's A Short History of Everything.  I am not reading very much and it is slow go.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 217 of 9,987

I’m reading The 100 Year Old Man Who Climbed Out The Window and Disappeared by Jonas Jonasson. Clever novel about a man who decides to escape the Old Folk’s Home on the day of his 100th birthday celebration! He makes some unusual friends & enemies during his journey! As his adventure continues we learn about his interesting life and how it transcends the 20th century! I’m enjoying it immensely and would recommend this book!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 218 of 9,987

The Memory Watcher was very good although the ending could have been better.  Now reading Uncle Tungsten because I am a science gal.  Love Oliver Sacks!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 219 of 9,987

@colleenl198459 wrote:

Just finished reading "Ireland"  a novel by Frank Delaney.  Great story.

Hi @colleenl198459

@welcome!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 220 of 9,987

Just finished reading "Ireland"  a novel by Frank Delaney.  Great story.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Ask the Expert: What advice do you need to better manage your stress and anxiety?

Clinical Psychologists Barry Jacobs and Julie Mayer will answer your questions on how to cope with the major life change, anxiety, and sadness we are all facing these days. Ask a question now and tune in live on May 27, 3-5 p.m. ET.