Super Contributor

What's everyone reading?

Hi everyone,

Thought
I'd get my thread started here on what's everyone readingI'm currently
reading John Grisham's "The Summons".  It's very interesting and I hope to finish it
sometime todayWhat's on your coffee table, nightstand or end table?

Janese

Kudos
Views
Replies
Honored Social Butterfly

The Good Girl  Mary Kubica

A really good thriller!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Contributor

I finished reading "Momma's Chuckles - The Heartfelt and Humorous Journey Through Alzheimer's". Love it! My Momma fought the devastation of ALZ through her witty and humorous remarks! Only book avail with ALZHEIMER'S and Humorous in the same sentence.
Pls review and share. Released March 2018.
Contributor

I read all kinds of books - old and new. Right now I'm reading Zane Grey's Riders of the Purple Sage, since I was in the mood for a western. I find it quite interesting.

~Michelle~

Regular Contributor

I keep meaning to read genuine Zane Grey, and will. Ever read Ivan Doig?

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

By Leslie Meier Books Lucy Stone series 1 thru 23. Up to book 20. I really like these  hard cover & paperbackbooks Large print.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Gone girl 

Contributor

Tunes of the Twenties and All That Jazz by Robert Rawlins. This fun book tell the stories behind 250 classic songs of the Jazz Age, including some by Irving Berlin, Louis Armstrong, Jelly Roll Morton, and many others. The stories are intriguing and sometimes unbelievable. You can read one or two at a time, or maybe you won't want to put it down.Highly recommended for people who like GOOD music!

Honored Social Butterfly

@nerbay75wrote:

Tunes of the Twenties and All That Jazz by Robert Rawlins. This fun book tell the stories behind 250 classic songs of the Jazz Age, including some by Irving Berlin, Louis Armstrong, Jelly Roll Morton, and many others. The stories are intriguing and sometimes unbelievable. You can read one or two at a time, or maybe you won't want to put it down.Highly recommended for people who like GOOD music!

Thank you for sharing this.  I am going to share the info in the music group. 

Diane

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Wow  this topic was created years ago and was active for a really long time and it is sad to see that no one is posting here..

Is anyone still reading??

@LaDolceVita  what about you?

Recognized Social Butterfly

@nyadrn  I hope to return!!  My mom had a stroke last month, still in crisis mode.  I am still reading thoughWoman Happy

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@LaDolceVitawrote:

@nyadrn  I hope to return!!  My mom had a stroke last month, still in crisis mode.  I am still reading thoughWoman Happy

@LaDolceVitaI am so sorry for having missed this post.  I hope that your mom is doing better.  Please let me know how you are! Heart

Regular Contributor

I am so sorry you are in a low place. When I was in a really low place, I read alot of lay science and easy history like Bill Bryson, Simon Winchester or David McCullough. I am trying to think of soothing escape fiction. Maybe No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency or Carrying Albert Home. Or The Rosie Project.

Trusted Contributor

I'm still reading, but this forum is so difficult to post on or reply to, and I'm pretty tech-savvy. I had a hard enough time trying to respond to you.

Honored Social Butterfly

@ksaleswrote:

I'm still reading, but this forum is so difficult to post on or reply to, and I'm pretty tech-savvy. I had a hard enough time trying to respond to you.

@ksales  Well I am glad to see you here and thank you for making the effort to post.  !!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Twice I logged in and then couldn't reply, I see what you mean about being difficult to post on. I started TWO KINDS OF TRUTH, the latest Harry Bosch book by Michael Connelly, just last night. That's my latest.
Honored Social Butterfly

@RetiredHoggerwrote:
Twice I logged in and then couldn't reply, I see what you mean about being difficult to post on. I started TWO KINDS OF TRUTH, the latest Harry Bosch book by Michael Connelly, just last night. That's my latest.

@RetiredHogger  I enjoy his books.  I am glad you were able to post!!  

Trusted Contributor

I've read both of Michael Connelly's new books recently and loved them both. I just finished reading The Social Affair by Britney King--an intriguing novel about the use of social media.

Contributor

I'm loving Celeste Ng's novel Little Fires Everywhere. It's been a long time since I've read all day long, unable to put down a book. And what a gifted writer Ng is! 

Wow.

Honored Social Butterfly

tonyab140166 wrote:

I'm loving Celeste Ng's novel Little Fires Everywhere. It's been a long time since I've read all day long, unable to put down a book. And what a gifted writer Ng is! 

Wow.

Reading Faithful Place   Tana French.  Excellent.  Love her books!

Thanks for sharing!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I just listened to Jacob T. Marley on Audible, and, folks, this is a new Christmas classic!  It is the backstory to "A Christmas Carol" and is an amazing little gem of a book.  There is just so much more to the story than we were led to believe.  It's a great read, but an even better listen with narrator Simon Vance.  Don't miss it!

Periodic Contributor

If you love science as I do, you will love Sam Keane's The Disappearing Spoon.  It is about the development of the periodic table, which does not sound interesting, but when you hear the human stories behind the elements, it is!  I also recently read Radium Girls, a heartbreaking true story of science gone wrong.  I told their story to my students many times when I was still teaching.  Greed leads some people to do terrible things to their employees and this is a classic example.

Periodic Contributor

If you love science as I do, you will love Sam Keane's The Disappearing Spoon.  It is about the development of the periodic table, which does not sound interesting, but when you hear the human stories behind the elements, it is!  I also recently read Radium Girls, a heartbreaking true story of science gone wrong.  I told their story to my students many times when I was still teaching.  Greed leads some people to do terrible things to their employees and this is a classic example.

Contributor

At the present I'm reading Karen Kingsbury series.  She writes meaningful books for the entire family to read.  I share these with my daughter Liza.

Periodic Contributor

The Memory Watcher was very good although the ending could have been better.  Now reading Uncle Tungsten because I am a science gal.  Love Oliver Sacks!

Contributor

I’m reading The 100 Year Old Man Who Climbed Out The Window and Disappeared by Jonas Jonasson. Clever novel about a man who decides to escape the Old Folk’s Home on the day of his 100th birthday celebration! He makes some unusual friends & enemies during his journey! As his adventure continues we learn about his interesting life and how it transcends the 20th century! I’m enjoying it immensely and would recommend this book!

Recognized Social Butterfly

MY next book is Daisy Goodwin's Victoria.  I am also reading Forbidden Science by Jacques Vallee and Bill Bryson's A Short History of Everything.  I am not reading very much and it is slow go.

Kudos
Views

Just finished reading "Ireland"  a novel by Frank Delaney.  Great story.

Honored Social Butterfly

@colleenl198459 wrote:

Just finished reading "Ireland"  a novel by Frank Delaney.  Great story.

Hi @colleenl198459

@welcome!

Regular Contributor

Finishing up Al Roker Losing it for Good and Rob Lowe Stories I Only Tell My Friends and starting Gabrielle Union We're Going To Need More Wine

Honored Social Butterfly

Just finished The Rules. Of Magic. Alice Hoffman

love her books!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Remember playing for hours at the local arcade? Now, play your favorite Atari games like Pong, Centipede, Breakout, Missile Command & Asteroids on AARP Games. Play Now.

AARP Games Atari

AARP Games

Throw it back and play Atari's Missile Command. Grab your arsenal to neutralize your enemy and protect your cities from a missile attack.

You got this!
AARP Games Atari Missile Command
Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits.

Learn more now.
/html/assets/SS-Marketing-Image-300x155.jpg