Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What's everyone reading?

Message 341 of 9,951

I just finished reading 3 books in 1 volume of author Annie Dillard"Pilgrim at Tinker's Creek{ '74 Pulitzer Prize winner},"An American Childhood,"A Writer's Life".All 3 were good,esp enjoyed "Childhood'.

Next  is author J.D. Robb aka Nora Roberts, continuing series "Death" series books, featuring Lt Eve Dallas, her partner,Peabody and Eve's multi- millionaire husband,Roarke. The title of book is  "Devoted in Death",have read most of the books,really enjoy them,fast paced,with humor. Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 342 of 9,951

I'm most of the way through "The Phoenix Project" by Gene Kim, Kevin Behr & George Spafford.  

For any that are or were in IT,  this will totally immerse you into that thankless quagmire, where all problems in an enterprise are blamed on IT.  It probably should be required reading for every Computer Science/IT major.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 343 of 9,951

Welcome new posters  Woman Happy

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 344 of 9,951

@nyadrnYes!!  Its not a bus book it is a morning book.  I do not really have time until evening to read at leisure.  The morning book is often a journal or diary or a book with short chapters. 

My current morning title is Queen, Empress, Concubine  Fifty Women Rulers from the Queen of Sheba to Catherine the Great by Claudia Gold.  There is much that is already familiar, but some of these short biographies are totally new to me.  Especially interesting is the story of Roxelana,  Sultana of the Ottoman Empire.  Hint:  she was a Ukranian girl kidnapped by the Tartars. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 345 of 9,951

My current bb  (bus book) is "The Lowland" Jhumpa Lahiri   It is a family saga moving between India and the US from the 1960's to the present..   two brothers and a woman  the revolution in India etc.. Really good so far. 

Does anyone else take public transportation and have bus books (almost always soft copy and smaller in order to fit in your travel bag) that you save for the bus  while you may be reading larger or hard copy books at home?

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 346 of 9,951

I love reading comics like Bugs Bunny, Superman, Archie, Batman, and Ally Oop.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 347 of 9,951
I can barely pass one of his books in the library eventhough I force myself often. I just know that any book that he writes will be a good read for me.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 348 of 9,951

Just about anything from James Patterson, new, old and/or with anyone else.  I love that guy.  Try to squeeze others in between.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 349 of 9,951

I've been on a Sci-Fi binge:

Vernor Vinge: Rainbows End Smiley Happy

Zones of Thought trilogy: A Fire Upon The Deep Heart, A Deepness in the Sky Man Happy, The Children of the Sky Man Happy

Ready Player One by Ernrst Cline Heart, Omnitopia Dawn by Diane Duane Smiley Happy, The Martian by Andy Weir 

Tags (2)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 350 of 9,951

I just finished "The Swan Garden" by Anne Biggs. Although a novel, it is based on her birth mother's journals of her experiences in a Mother/Baby Home, the laundries, and of her life after. It was one of those good reads ; I couldn't  put  it down until I finished.     

jud

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users