Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: What's everyone reading?

Message 1002 of 9,942

In Response to Re: What's everyone reading?:

Edie,

Yes, I liked A Star for Mrs. Blake very much. I think it is a book you will like.

Val

Posted by vsandham

Thanks, Val, I'll put  " A Stare for Mrs. Blake" on my list.  I have enjoyed reading many of your suggestions!

Edie

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: What's everyone reading? - The World We Found

Message 1003 of 9,942

I just started The World We Found by Thrity Umrigar. 

"Armaiti, a divorce American has six months to live and her last wish is to see her three best friends again--Laleh, Kavita, and Nishta, all in Bombay. But Nishta's husband, Iqbal, a fellow university idealist turned fundamentalist, will be the biggest obstacle to fulfilling Armaiti's final desire."

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 1004 of 9,942

I've recently read two wonderful books: After I'm Gone by Laura Lippman and Cold Storage Alaska by John Straley. I highly recommend both. I also highly recommend the book I'm reading now, Love Story with Murders by Harry Bingham.

Kathy S.

P.S. I thought there were going to be some nice changes to the format of this forum. Haven't noticed anything yet. Have y'all?

Posted by ksales

Kathy,the adminstrator in one of my other groups got an email from AARP couple weeks ago. The changes were going to occur in 40days,so I'm thinking it will happen sometime in March,if at all Sue

Posted by lefty5222

Thanks, Lefty. Good to know.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 1005 of 9,942

I've recently read two wonderful books: After I'm Gone by Laura Lippman and Cold Storage Alaska by John Straley. I highly recommend both. I also highly recommend the book I'm reading now, Love Story with Murders by Harry Bingham.

Kathy S.

P.S. I thought there were going to be some nice changes to the format of this forum. Haven't noticed anything yet. Have y'all?

Posted by ksales

Kathy,the adminstrator in one of my other groups got an email from AARP couple weeks ago. The changes were going to occur in 40days,so I'm thinking it will happen sometime in March,if at all Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 1006 of 9,942

Kathy S.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 1007 of 9,942

Currently I am reading "The Witness" by Nora Roberts .  I am almost finished--the part of the book I hate to put down---the climax.    It has been a good read.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 1008 of 9,942

Edie,

Yes, I liked A Star for Mrs. Blake very much. I think it is a book you will like.

Val

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 1009 of 9,942

I just started In the Heart of the Canyon by Elisabeth Hyde.  It's the story of a disparate group of folks on a rafting trip in the Grand Canyon.  I've always wanted to do this and wondered how the different personalities would mesh.  I'm a pretty good arm chair traveler.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 1010 of 9,942

Finished Chua's The Triple Package...it was informative but felt ripped off as the last half of the book consisted of the notes used for research...never saw that before.

i am thoroughly enjoying The Cuckoo's Calling by J  K Rowling...it is a murder mystery in England and very well written...about halfway finishedSmiley Happy

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo