Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Re: What's everyone reading?

Message 1201 of 10,032

Good morning, and happy New Year!

I hope all of you are keeping safe and warm.  Things have been pretty bad here in Michigan, but I know they have been much worse for sone of you.

I had a supply of library books before the big freeze started, so all is well here.  I am in the middle of two books, which is a bit unusual for me.  I started Girls Like Us by Sheila Weller first.  It is an account of the careers of Carole King, Joni Mitchell and Carly Simon.  It is just interesting enough that I will probably finish it, but I don't love it, so I started a second book, The Yard by Alex Grecian.  This is a novel about the murder squad at Scotland Yard in the time shortly after Jack the Ripper.  It started kind of slow, but things picked up, and I am enjoying it.

I hope the changes to the on-line groups are better than the last changes, and I hope we don't lose any more members because of the changes. 

Jan

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted

Message 1202 of 10,032

some books about Traditional Chinese medicine

Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Message 1203 of 10,032

Edie,   

I think they were trying to figure out how to UNblock you, maybe they had inadvertently blocked you!         Response to Re: What's everyone reading?:

I am still trying to figure out why and how someone was "blocking" me. What does that mean?sad

Edie

Posted by EDIENOW

Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Message 1204 of 10,032

I am still trying to figure out why and how someone was "blocking" me. What does that mean?sad

Edie

Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 1205 of 10,032

In Response to Re: What's everyone reading?:

Another change...oh, goody...

Posted by queenie12

That is funny and I'm staying tuned !!  I really would like to be able to turn from one page to the next.  Has not been possible for months.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Message 1206 of 10,032

Another change...oh, goody...

Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 1207 of 10,032

My gosh, revamping  the site is a scary prospect here!  It may be weeks before we can get together again!

We did not get ice, just cold and had to drag a portable heater out to our well house.  Thanks,  Val,  it took me  6 months to recover from my fall even though nothing was broken.  Just the terrible sprain you can get when you put out your hand to break a fall.  My mother just had a similiar fall, has taken her hand 3 months to improve.

Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Message 1208 of 10,032

Just got a message from AARP saying they're going to revamp the Community groups:

"In the next 2 weeks, we're re-launching the Online Community to make it easier for you to connect with others who have similar interests."  So if this group doesn't work, that's the reason.

"As with any significant change, the shift will need some downtime. We expect the Online Community will be offline for 2-3 days while we tackle the behind-the-scenes work.

"Before that happens, we'll need just two quick items from you:

Save copies of your photos/images and verify that videos are hosted elsewhere. Rich media will not be automatically moved over.

For PC users: Go to the "Photos" tab on your profile page. From here, you can save pictures from your albums or recent photos. Right-click on a picture to Save Image As. Then, choose the folder where you'd like to save the file.

For Mac users: Right click on image and select Save Image As or Save Image to Desktop, or Drag to the desktop/desired location.

Save your personal bio. Your bio will not be moving over, so you'll either need to save it to your PC or note what you have currently so you can put it back up on day one.

Bye for now.  I'll be back if I can.

Nancy

Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Message 1209 of 10,032

Tinker B,

I just saw your post about "blocking" me.

Sorry. I don't understand what this means???????????????

Edie 

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 1210 of 10,032

Kathy,

I hope you enjoy Purity of Vengeance by Adler-Olsen.I'm the wait list but I got my request in early so I shouldn't have to wait too long.

Just finished "S" (The ship of Theseus by V M Straka) by Jeffrey Abrams. What a strange book written in a very different format! Don't know if I would recommend it, but you should pick one up at the library or book store and look at it. It is just so different I know not every one would like it.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards.

Solve your favorite crosswords on AARP Games to earn AARP Rewards points. Try your hand at the Daily Crossword, the Mini Crossword, and Let’s Crossword, the new member game you can play with family and friends. Play Now.