Become a safer, more confident driver with the AARP Smart Driver course! Use the promo code VET and save 25% during November.

Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: What's everyone reading?

Message 1101 of 9,930

Edie,   

I think they were trying to figure out how to UNblock you, maybe they had inadvertently blocked you!         Response to Re: What's everyone reading?:

I am still trying to figure out why and how someone was "blocking" me. What does that mean?sad

Edie

Posted by EDIENOW

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 1102 of 9,930

I am still trying to figure out why and how someone was "blocking" me. What does that mean?sad

Edie

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 1103 of 9,930

In Response to Re: What's everyone reading?:

Another change...oh, goody...

Posted by queenie12

That is funny and I'm staying tuned !!  I really would like to be able to turn from one page to the next.  Has not been possible for months.

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 1104 of 9,930

Another change...oh, goody...

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 1105 of 9,930

My gosh, revamping  the site is a scary prospect here!  It may be weeks before we can get together again!

We did not get ice, just cold and had to drag a portable heater out to our well house.  Thanks,  Val,  it took me  6 months to recover from my fall even though nothing was broken.  Just the terrible sprain you can get when you put out your hand to break a fall.  My mother just had a similiar fall, has taken her hand 3 months to improve.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 1106 of 9,930

Just got a message from AARP saying they're going to revamp the Community groups:

"In the next 2 weeks, we're re-launching the Online Community to make it easier for you to connect with others who have similar interests."  So if this group doesn't work, that's the reason.

"As with any significant change, the shift will need some downtime. We expect the Online Community will be offline for 2-3 days while we tackle the behind-the-scenes work.

"Before that happens, we'll need just two quick items from you:

Save copies of your photos/images and verify that videos are hosted elsewhere. Rich media will not be automatically moved over.

For PC users: Go to the "Photos" tab on your profile page. From here, you can save pictures from your albums or recent photos. Right-click on a picture to Save Image As. Then, choose the folder where you'd like to save the file.

For Mac users: Right click on image and select Save Image As or Save Image to Desktop, or Drag to the desktop/desired location.

Save your personal bio. Your bio will not be moving over, so you'll either need to save it to your PC or note what you have currently so you can put it back up on day one.

Bye for now.  I'll be back if I can.

Nancy

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 1107 of 9,930

Tinker B,

I just saw your post about "blocking" me.

Sorry. I don't understand what this means???????????????

Edie 

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 1108 of 9,930

Kathy,

I hope you enjoy Purity of Vengeance by Adler-Olsen.I'm the wait list but I got my request in early so I shouldn't have to wait too long.

Just finished "S" (The ship of Theseus by V M Straka) by Jeffrey Abrams. What a strange book written in a very different format! Don't know if I would recommend it, but you should pick one up at the library or book store and look at it. It is just so different I know not every one would like it.

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 1109 of 9,930

060597, The Husband's Secret is by Liane Moriarty, not Sophie Hannah.

To All: Just finished a wonderful book, The Whisperer, by Donato Carrisi. I found it fascinating and had only one complaint. It obviously took place outside the US, but there were no references or hints as to where it took place. It's almost as if the writer wanted it to be generic. I found this frustrating because I like the "local flavor" of the books I read. The author is Italian, but there are no references to Italy or any other country. I do recommend this book in spite of this, and I will be reading his next book in the series also.

I've also just started the latest book by one of my favorite writers, Jussi-Adler Olsen: The Purity of Vengeance. It is excellent as is all of his books.

Kathy S.

Here in CA we have not had a drop of rain in far too long. However even without winter reading is a good thing. I just finished The Husband's Secret by Sophie Hannah. Excellent read.

One of my Christmas presents is Graeme Smith account of his time in Afghanistan, The Dogs are Eating Them Now. Powerful book.

In my book club we are beginning The Book Thief.

Happy reading to all

Posted by 060597

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 1110 of 9,930

Hi Edie

I just got here to read some posts (like many others, I find this new get-up very difficult to use).  While reading, I  got a message saying that I have blocked you so I can't read your posts.  I nver did anything to block you or anyone else here.  This site is going nuts !

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can UNBLOCK Edie.

It's halftime in the Packer/Niner Game.  That's why I'm here.

Ooooops - it's kick-off time.  Gotta' run . . . . . . .

Happy Reading,        m a

I am reading a good thriller by Joseph Finder titled BURIED SECRETS.  We are having a huge snow storm here in the Boston area, so I am glad to have some good library books on hand!

Edie

Posted by EDIENOW

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors