What's everyone reading?

Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

RE: What's everyone reading?

Message 3081 of 9,944

In Response to RE: What's everyone reading? by EDIENOW

HI Edie, it was just a lucky find.  I think someone on this site had mentioned it WAY BACK and I remembered it so for $1.00 I picked it up.  For some reason, I checked on either the library site or the Amazon site and there were two books with the same name - different author, of course.  So I wasn't sure if this was the one this site referred to.  I'm happy I have my own copy though. 

Sally

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3082 of 9,944

In Response to RE: Dan Brown by aberlaine

Hi Aberlaine, I did read The DiVinci Code several years back.  I enjoyed it but it wasn't one I would rave about.  Can't remember all the details though.

I'm about 10-15 pages from finishing The Concrete Blond and there are several twists here at the end which caught me by surprise.  I wonder how this whole thing will end.  I'm enjoying it a lot...kept my interest all the way through.  Sally

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3083 of 9,944

In Response to RE: What's everyone reading? by vsandham

Val,

Ugh! Can you imagine spending a whole semester with this guy? 

Edie

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3084 of 9,944

In Response to RE: What's everyone reading? by EDIENOW

Edie,

I certainly agree with you about Faulkner. I didn't like As I lay Dying and I wasn't even able to get more that 2-3 pages into Absalom, Absalom.

Val

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3085 of 9,944

In Response to Sara Paretsky by arlie18

Arlie,

I really enjoyed Paretsky's Body Work - I could hardly put it down, and finished it this afternoon.  I think it is every bit as good as, if not better than, the earlier books in the series.  Vic has aged well, and the story was not too far-fetched.

Now, for a change of pace I am going to read Sights Unseen, which according to the jacket blurb is a story about a manic-depressive mother as told from the point of view of her "confused but affectionate daughter", written by Kaye Gibbons.  It should be a quick read, since it is just over 200 pages.

Jan 

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3086 of 9,944

In Response to RE: What's everyone reading? by Jeanette318

Hi, Jeanette,

Thanks for giving us the author of The Paris Wife, Paula McClain. I took a course in college about the writings of Hemingway, F.Scott Fitzgerald, and William Faulkner.  Can you imagine spending a whole semester with these three guys?  If I were to give these three authors grades, I'd probably give Hemingway a B for Farewell to Arms, an A to Fitzgerald for The Great Gatsby and Faulkner would get an F for anything he wrote.  Oh, no! Please, folks, don't throw eggs and tomatoes at me!!!!  This was just my VHO! 

Edie

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

RE: Dan Brown

Message 3087 of 9,944

In Response to RE: What's everyone reading? by myferretlady99

Is anyone a fan of author Dan Brown?

I read the Da Vinci Code when it first came out.  Never saw the movie.  The only other book I read by Dan Brown was Deception Point which was excellent.  It's apparently one of his earlier books, but a page turner nonetheless.

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3088 of 9,944

In Response to RE: What's everyone reading? by Angel-Sally

Hi, Sally,

I'd say that is quite a find to pay $1.00 for a book that is destined to be your October book club read!  Tell me, did you know it was the book club choice before you found the book, or was it just a lucky find?

Edie

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3089 of 9,944

In Response to RE: What's everyone reading? Girls Like Us & Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by lannnn

Glad you liked Hotel on the Corner. I just got it from the library and am looking forward to starting it.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3090 of 9,944

In Response to The Concrete Blonde, Michael Connelly by Angel-Sally

Hi Sally,

I read The Concrete Blonde long ago. I also really liked it. I've liked all of Connelly's books that I've read..and I've read a lot of them. I love the Harry Bosch series.

I just finished The Blue Hour by T. Jefferson Parker. He's another good mystery writer from CA. This is one of his older books. His books remind me of Connelly's somewhat. I have several of his yet to read. I'm starting The Empty Chair by Jeffery Deaver tonight.

spinner

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo