Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 11 of 10,047

I am reading "Floaties: A Rude Awakening" by Mike Haszto.  It is a sci-fi suspense thriller about the Earth taking back it's planet from the human race.  A bit edgy with language as he sets up and develops his characters, the story settles into excitement with each page and new chapter.  An easy read, it's tough to put down!  His 13th novel.  A++

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 10,047

Virgil Wander by Leif Enger is excellent. It is a quiet story with engaging characters. The story reminds me somewhat of Garrison Keillor's stories from Lake Woebegone. This Tender Land by William Kent Krueger tells the story of four orphans to travel down the MS River escaping from an abusive orphanage run by the unscrupulous and mean "Black Witch." It is a story of the power of people to overcome tragedy and hardship.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 10,047

My NAME iS EVA.  by Suzanne Goldring. Such a delightful read. Mrs. E.T. Clarke is in a nursing home and has everyone believing she has dementia. In truth, she is 100% sane and hiding secrets from her past life when she worked in worn torn Germany at the Forbidden Village. It is comical when she is responding in her dementia "mode" and at the same time she is also thinking out loud her next move in order to outwit them. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 10,047

Countdown 1945: The Extraordinary Story of the Atomic Bomb & the 116 days that changed the World. Chris Wallace 

So very gripping as the author takes you as an observer along as the historic players of this decision and outcome of WWII. Very readable and engaging. If you wish to read a page turning historic book this fall, consider this book.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 10,047

Nora Roberts "Shelter in Place". Had been waiting for the mass market paperback format!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 10,047

The Person You Mean to Be by Dolly Chugh 

How to battle biases (in ourselves), include and advocate for others.  Ideas on how to confront difficult issues help us to stand up for our values.   I found this book as a recommendation from a book group. Just starting it.  Looking for practical applications and strategies to participate when connecting is strained or tense.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 10,047

Hi everyone, Great story that a lot of people don't know about

Dark Tide: The Great Boston Molasses Flood of 1919 .

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 10,047

Hi, I just finished reading Sacred Privilege Your Life And Ministry As A Pastor's Wife by Kay Warren.  If you are a pastors wife you know how hard it can Kay helps you get through the hard times with humor and prayer. If you are new to being a pastors wife , I think you will enjoy this book even if you have been a pastors wife for some time this is a enjoyable book.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 10,047

God’s plan for Israel and the Earth.  Available at Amazon. Very timely. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 10,047
I read that during the winter and really loved it.
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit