Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What's everyone reading?

Message 21 of 9,965

Downloaded & now reading Killers of theFlower Moon.  Thanks for recommendation.  Now will download The Clockmaker's Daughter.

I'll never catch up with my reading.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 9,965

@nyadrn   Hi, good to see you post here.  The  Clock Maker'sDaughter sounds good I think I will order from library.  @TomD857140   Great suggestion, the Killers of the Flower Moon, I plan on ordering that one too. 

I have been reading historical fiction by Anne O'Brien and and C W Gortner.  They write novels about historical figures other writers have pretty much ignored.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 9,965

The Clockmaker's Daughter.  Kate Morton

This story moves through different times and told through different characters and is sometimes hard to follow but so far it is a very interesting story. 

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 9,965
NOW ENGROSSED IN HEAT-MOON'S ROADS TO QUOZ"- AN AMERICAN MOSEY"-I'D RECOMMEND ANYTHING HE'S WRITTEN. HE ADDRESSES N.A. ISSUES IN A LOW-KEY WAY. IF YOU WANT TO LISTEN TO CURRENT, AS WELL AS TRADITIONAL. N.A. MUSIC& INFO, RADIO STATION KNON 89.3 (COMMUNITY RADIO- THE VOICE OF THE PEOPLE) IN FORT WORTH, HOSTS "BEYOND BOWS AND ARROWS " PROGRAM SUNDAY NIGHTS 6-8 P.M. CDT.
SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 9,965

This was a Huge Eye Opener for me when I read it. Our Native Americans were treated so poorly in the advancement of our govt seeking land expansion and control. What a shame.  Wonderful book. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 9,965

Killers of the Flower Moon - The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI

"In the 1920s, the richest people per capita in the world were members of the Osage

Nation in Oklahoma.  Then, one by one, the Osage began to be killed."

Interesting story of the attempt to steal the Osage's land with oil reserves.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 9,965

JUST FINISHED RE-READING  WILLIAM LEAST HEAT MOON'S "BLUE HIGHWAYS"- WOW- SO GREAT I DIDN'T WANT TO FINISH IT. AM STARTING HIS  "ROAD TO QUODZ " NEXT. IN THE MEANTIME, GRAHAM GREENE SHORT STORIES- ENGROSSING,  EASY READ &  VERY WELL-WRITTEN.

SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 9,965

I'm currently reading "Overstory" by Richard Powers. It was a Christmas gift. Just finished re-reading several of Toni Morrison's books. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 9,965

I am re-reading Moon Hunt by W Michael Gear & Kathleen O'Neal Gear. This is the third novel in the Morning Star series. I went back to read the first & second novels again after reading the 4th novel because I forgot alot of the details. The series are fast paced, thrilling stories of mystery, historical facts and love. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 9,965

Snowfly by Joseph Heywood, Once upon a River by Bonnie Jo Campbell, State University of Murder by Lev Raphael and Terminal Uprising by Jim C. Hines.

Snowfly is a teriffic parable about obsession.

...River is a mid-west noir of a girl's journey.

Lev's newest is a murder mystery amoung the dysfunctional faculty of a mid-west university... no M.S.U.

Uprising-- space janitors, 'nuff said.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Learn how to improve your problem-solving skills and enter the Love Your Brain sweepstakes from AARP Staying Sharp!

Top Authors