Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: What's everyone reading?

Message 1 of 9,950

Just started reading Unsheltered by Barbara Kingsolver.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 9,950

"Race Against Time" by Jerry Mitchell. Investigation into the murders of James Chaney, Medgar Evers and the 16th Church bombing in a effort to make those responsible accountable for their crimes.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 9,950

I am currently reading J.K. Rowling's, "The Casual Vacancy". It's better than it's title.  And it's worth reading if you like to try to understand a little something about human interactions and maybe why we humans treat each other the way we do. Very interesting.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: re: What's everyone reading?

Message 4 of 9,950

I am currently reading The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek. The book is set in 1939 in rural Kentucky. There aren't any libraries and books are tremendously scarce. The people in this book are barely making it and most go hungry everyday. Eleanor Roosevelt, as part of the WPA program, has set up a program that will bring books to people who live in rural Kentucky. The key figure is a woman with blue skin. This is based mostly on facts. I haven't finished the book but will very soon. It is hard to put it down. Highly recommend the book.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 9,950
CORRECTION- KNON 89.3 IS BASED IN DALLAS, NOT FORT WORTH.
SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 9,950

Downloaded & now reading Killers of theFlower Moon.  Thanks for recommendation.  Now will download The Clockmaker's Daughter.

I'll never catch up with my reading.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 9,950

@nyadrn   Hi, good to see you post here.  The  Clock Maker'sDaughter sounds good I think I will order from library.  @TomD857140   Great suggestion, the Killers of the Flower Moon, I plan on ordering that one too. 

I have been reading historical fiction by Anne O'Brien and and C W Gortner.  They write novels about historical figures other writers have pretty much ignored.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 9,950

The Clockmaker's Daughter.  Kate Morton

This story moves through different times and told through different characters and is sometimes hard to follow but so far it is a very interesting story. 

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 9,950
NOW ENGROSSED IN HEAT-MOON'S ROADS TO QUOZ"- AN AMERICAN MOSEY"-I'D RECOMMEND ANYTHING HE'S WRITTEN. HE ADDRESSES N.A. ISSUES IN A LOW-KEY WAY. IF YOU WANT TO LISTEN TO CURRENT, AS WELL AS TRADITIONAL. N.A. MUSIC& INFO, RADIO STATION KNON 89.3 (COMMUNITY RADIO- THE VOICE OF THE PEOPLE) IN FORT WORTH, HOSTS "BEYOND BOWS AND ARROWS " PROGRAM SUNDAY NIGHTS 6-8 P.M. CDT.
SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 9,950

This was a Huge Eye Opener for me when I read it. Our Native Americans were treated so poorly in the advancement of our govt seeking land expansion and control. What a shame.  Wonderful book. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors