Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: What's everyone reading?

Message 1 of 9,935

I recently got interested in the New Sherlock Holmes stories that are written in the last ten years or so. The idea of Sherlock Holmes trying to solve the Jack the Ripper serial murders was intriguing, and I became hooked on this type of mystery story. I'm looking for more great mystery stories and hope that others can give me an idea where to go from here.Smiley Happy

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What's everyone reading at the end of 2019

Message 2 of 9,935
FOR ACLASS NOAM CHOMSKY- ONE OF THE MOST DRY& DENSE READS EVER, BUT AN IMPORTANT LINGUISTICS THEORIST. ALSO JUST FINISHED "PRARYERTH, A DEEP MAP" BY WILLIAM LEAST HEAT MOON- ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL BOOKS I'VE EVER READ.
SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: What's everyone reading at the end of 2019

Message 3 of 9,935

read John Gresham latest book and a  clive Cussler fan. I am planning to to read more books by local authors for 2020. trying to put aside book for the cold winter months,but keep reading them. i just finshed "A Death in Harlem'

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 9,935

A few that I have just finished with in the last few months are: Where the crawdads sing, Robin Roberts book-everybody's got something and the silent sister.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 9,935

I also just finished where the crawdads sing and that was a great book! I wasn't sure I was gonna like it at first but it turned out to be a really good story.

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 9,935

@doglvr  I have read The Egyptian, loved it.

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 9,935

I just finished Sharpe's Escape by Bernard Cornwell.  It's historical fiction, which I love.  Am now reading Dean Koontz's From the Corner of His Eye.  On audio I'm listening to The Egyptian and on my Kindle, The Road to Ruin which is about an Italian who fought with the German army and, now that the war is over, is on his way home.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 9,935
IN A SIMILAR VEIN, AM READING "PRAIRYERTH"(A DEEP MAP) BY WILLIAM LEAST HEAT MOON. FIRST MET HIM IN "BLUE HIGHWAYS" IN 1999 OR SO. THIS IS NEXT BOOK AFTER THAT- DESCRIBES IN (POETIC) DETAIL A SINGLE COUNTY(CHASE) IN SOUTHEASTERN KANSAS. IT IS BEYOND TRAVELOGUE AND REFLECTIONS ON THE ROAD. BEAUTIFUL PROSE & A VERY "DEEP MAP"
SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 9,935

Am reading John Ellsworth's  Thaddeus Murfee  legal, mystery series.  Easy reading on the Kindle Reader.  All from Amazon's Kindle Unlimited Books program.  It works well. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 9,935

So nice to see this thread continue.  One of these days my life will slow down enough to post here again!  

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

This AARP gamer plays to get back her art and identity after a health scare. Read Regan C.’s story, available now.

gamer Regan C.