AARP members get more! Take a look at your member benefits.

Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What's everyone reading?

Message 1 of 9,930

@doglvr  I have read The Egyptian, loved it.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 9,930

I just finished Sharpe's Escape by Bernard Cornwell.  It's historical fiction, which I love.  Am now reading Dean Koontz's From the Corner of His Eye.  On audio I'm listening to The Egyptian and on my Kindle, The Road to Ruin which is about an Italian who fought with the German army and, now that the war is over, is on his way home.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 9,930
IN A SIMILAR VEIN, AM READING "PRAIRYERTH"(A DEEP MAP) BY WILLIAM LEAST HEAT MOON. FIRST MET HIM IN "BLUE HIGHWAYS" IN 1999 OR SO. THIS IS NEXT BOOK AFTER THAT- DESCRIBES IN (POETIC) DETAIL A SINGLE COUNTY(CHASE) IN SOUTHEASTERN KANSAS. IT IS BEYOND TRAVELOGUE AND REFLECTIONS ON THE ROAD. BEAUTIFUL PROSE & A VERY "DEEP MAP"
SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 9,930

Am reading John Ellsworth's  Thaddeus Murfee  legal, mystery series.  Easy reading on the Kindle Reader.  All from Amazon's Kindle Unlimited Books program.  It works well. 

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 9,930

So nice to see this thread continue.  One of these days my life will slow down enough to post here again!  

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 9,930

I am reading Star Path, a novel of North America's Forgotten Past by W Michael & Kathleen O'Neal Gear.  This is the 4th book in the People of Cahokia series.  Their books take me out of today's world and back to the pre-historic civilizations of our Native Americans. 

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 9,930

I'm reading WHY SINATRA MATTERS by Pete Hamill.  This is not a fluffy bio.

Like most of his books Hamill accounts some history, in this case Italiana and Irish immigrants in NY.   It's quite timely.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 9,930

I'm reading Too Brown To Keep by Judy Fambrough Billingsley. It's her life journey of being given up for adoption because she was of black and German parents and too brown to keep in Germany in 1950.

Regina

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 9,930

I am reading The Lady in the Lake by Laura Lippman, set in 1966 Baltimore.  I recently finished The Shameless by Ace Atkins, latest in the series about the Mississippi sheriff, Quinn Colson.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 9,930

RE-READING DISPATCHES  BY MICHAEL HERR- READ IT WHEN  I FIRST RAN ACROSS IT IN 70'S/80'S/ GLAD FOR A RE-READ NOW WITH MORE PERSPECTIVE ON THE WAR IN SOUTHEAST ASIA.

SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22