From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What's everyone reading?

Message 31 of 9,922
"1984," "BRAVE NEW WORLD,""CLOCKWORK ORANGE"& SIMILAR BOOKS ARE PROPHETIC- THESE AUTHORS WROTE OF THE FUTURE & MANY OF THEIR INVENTIONS HAVE COME TO PASS,;MARSHALL MCLUHAN SAID SOMETHING TO THE EFFECT THAT ARTISTS(& WRITERS) ARE THE TRUE PROPHETS, FOR ONLY THEY CAN PREDICT THE FUTURE.
SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 9,922

The Woman Who Smashed Codes. Subtitled The True Story of Love, Spies, and the Unlikely Heroine Who Outwitted America's Enemies. I personally feel that a lot of working females can relate to this womans history.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 9,922
" THE SHAME OF THE NATION"- JONATHAN KOZOL- WELL-WRITTEN BOOK ABOUT THE PERPETUATION OF APARTHEID IN THE U.S. EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM.
SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 9,922

Loved this book & passed it on to my niece who also enjoyed it & passed it on to her daughter.  This is how you get people to keep reading.

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 9,922

I have pulled out my copy of  "White Trash. The 400-Year Untold History of Class in America." by Nancy Isenberg....started but got very occupied with life.  Time to complete it!

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 9,922

@nyadrn   I have to start posting here again, it has been a long time!  Of course I am still reading, but lighter stuff due to lifestyle (stress) demands. Hope you are well.  The only place I post these days is the Front Porch but maybe that will change.  I do miss this thread and TV Talk.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 9,922

Into the Water.  Paula Hawkins

same author as The Girl on the Train.  

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 9,922
"SHAME OF A NATION"- JONATHAN KOZOL;
"PLEXUS "- HENRY MILLER
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 9,922

Tina Turner A Love Story

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 9,922
HENRY MILLER'S "PLEXUS"- 1/3 OF HIS "ROSY CRUCIFIXION"- THE MAN CAN BE CRUDE& MISOGYNISTIC, BUT CAN ALSO WRITE STUNNING PROSE.
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season