Rethink your job search and find opportunities for experienced workers with the AARP job board.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: What's everyone reading?

Message 21 of 9,912

The Woman Who Smashed Codes. Subtitled The True Story of Love, Spies, and the Unlikely Heroine Who Outwitted America's Enemies. I personally feel that a lot of working females can relate to this womans history.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 9,912
" THE SHAME OF THE NATION"- JONATHAN KOZOL- WELL-WRITTEN BOOK ABOUT THE PERPETUATION OF APARTHEID IN THE U.S. EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM.
SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 9,912

Loved this book & passed it on to my niece who also enjoyed it & passed it on to her daughter.  This is how you get people to keep reading.

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 9,912

I have pulled out my copy of  "White Trash. The 400-Year Untold History of Class in America." by Nancy Isenberg....started but got very occupied with life.  Time to complete it!

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 9,912

@nyadrn   I have to start posting here again, it has been a long time!  Of course I am still reading, but lighter stuff due to lifestyle (stress) demands. Hope you are well.  The only place I post these days is the Front Porch but maybe that will change.  I do miss this thread and TV Talk.

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 9,912

Into the Water.  Paula Hawkins

same author as The Girl on the Train.  

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 9,912
"SHAME OF A NATION"- JONATHAN KOZOL;
"PLEXUS "- HENRY MILLER
SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 9,912

Tina Turner A Love Story

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 9,912
HENRY MILLER'S "PLEXUS"- 1/3 OF HIS "ROSY CRUCIFIXION"- THE MAN CAN BE CRUDE& MISOGYNISTIC, BUT CAN ALSO WRITE STUNNING PROSE.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 9,912

20 years ago, when I first read Zadie Smith's "White Teeth" - I was really impressed. A work of fiction about a British family.  The unique style of writing that this 21 year old author developed was astonishing!  I loved it!   It immediately became a blow-away international best seller.  If you haven't read it - I highly recommend you do so.  Since "White Teeth" - I read a couple more of her books, but did not care much for them.  Am presently reading her "The Autograph Man".  It's going OK.

Kudos
Views