Are you as smart as a high-tech car? Take this quiz and test your knowledge.
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

The Winning Mindset That Saved My LIfe

Message 1 of 9,875

I am thrilled to announce that my new book was released last Thursday,   The Winning Mindset That Saved My Life, has already achieved #1 seller in 3 categories on Amazon!   It is the inspirational story of my journey from overcoming cancer to crossing the finish line at the most difficult, one-day endurance race in the world and becoming a leading advocate for cancer research and finding a cure for this horrible disease. 

As Michael Sokoloff, M.D., F.A.C.S. writes in the Foreword of the book, “This is an inspirational journey and one that any patient with cancer or other life-threatening or life-altering obstacle should read and incorporate into their daily routines and rituals.  I highly recommend it for my patients and my colleagues as every person confronts tribulations, impediments, and challenges that can be overcome with a winning mindset.” 

All net proceeds from the sale of the book will be donated to cancer research and education.

The Winning Mindset That Saved My Life has a second bottom line; an impact where the book is leverage, a tool for visibility; a means of expressing a higher message and platform. The larger purpose or calling of the book will enable me to educate and again fundraise for ZERO Cancer.  ZERO’s pedigree continues to increase.  It is ranked a four out of four-star philanthropic organization by Charity Navigator.  A key financial performance metric is the percent of a charity's total expenses spent on the programs and services it delivers – ZERO’s is 94.4%.

It is widely reported that cancer mortality rates have dropped; down nearly two percent since 2015. On the surface, it’s a good step toward minimizing the pain and suffering endured by many families, but one important detail that the media and medical advisors have glossed over is that prostate cancer deaths jumped 10 percent last year. It’s the largest jump in prostate cancer deaths in a decade, according to the American Cancer Society. A man dies every 18 minutes from prostate cancer.  1 in 9 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer (1 in 6 African American).  To put that in perspective, 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer.   

This is very much a grass roots endeavor, e.g. self-published, no agent, social media.  

If this book impacts just one person; that’s my definition of success.  As the widow of a prostate cancer victim says, “As a caretaker, fellow advocate, and recent widow of one of Tom Hulsey’s brothers in the fight against Prostate Cancer, Tom’s book uplifted me and showed me the road to begin overcoming my grief and loss. His inspiration is helping heal my anger and face my denial as I learn to live without the love of my life. I will be forever thankful to know Tom, and to have gained from his story of hope and perseverance.” - Casey Fults

I’ve grown to appreciate the value of serving a greater cause than my own self-interest; making a positive impact on Humankind!  To quote Jackie Robinson, “A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives. 

Evangelizing & Advocating for Men’s Health, 

Tom Hulsey

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What's everyone reading?

Message 2 of 9,875

Sure Supergirl – I’d be happy to do that.

Here is a partial synopsis (don’t want to give too much away):

The breathtaking story of five brothers who bring each other up in a world run by their own rules. As the Dunbar boys love and fight and learn to reckon with the adult world, they discover the moving secret behind their father’s disappearance. 

At the center of the Dunbar family is Clay, a boy who will build a bridge—for his family, for his past, for greatness, for his sins...more

Here is a link:  www.goodreads.com/book/show/7767276-bridge-of-clay

The style is really indescribable; don’t know that I’ve ever encountered this style …  Maybe – eclectic?

And – it is fiction.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 9,875
just realized I already commented about this book, I better head over to the cognitive area and exercise my brain, sorry
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 9,875

"The Addiction Spectrum"  This book just came out a few weeks ago and I've just started reading it.  It is written by a pediatrician Dr. Paul Thomas who I follow on You Tube.  I have no addiction that I know of... unless its a food addiction.  Which is what Im exploring.  The main reason I got this book is because I really like Dr. Thomas and as a nurse I like reading and learning.   https://www.harperacademic.com/book/9780062836885/the-addiction-spectrum/

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 9,875
CAN YOU INCLUDE A LINK TO SYNOPSIS OR DESCRIBE THE AUTHOR'S STYLE? FICTION OR NON-FICTION?
SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 9,875

"A Bridge Of Clay" by Narkus Zusak.  It just came out, so I don't even have it yet,but will order soon.  This is the author who wrote the great story "The Book Theif" (one of the best books I ever read). 

It has taken the author 13 years to write this book!!  Am really looking forward to it.

Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 9,875
"I AM CHARLOTTE SIMMONS " BY TOM WOLFE-I'D READ ANYTHING HE'S WRITTEN- ALWAYS A GREAT NOVEL, ESPECIALLY "THE RIGHT STUFF',"BONFIRE OF THE VANITIES","HEAT", ETC.
SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 9,875

I follow a pediatrician on you tube, I love his videoes and he is quite likable.  I recently learned that he has a past history of alcoholism and also has a recovery center he established in Callifornia.  It is for all kinds of addictions.  He recently hosted and "Addiction Summit" online which I found to be very interesting.  During the summit I learned that he had a new book coming out.  Since I was impressed with his knowlege and already liked him, I pre-ordered his book.  It arrived today.

The doctor's name is Paul Thomas, MD.  (check him out on you tube).  The book is titled  "The Addiction Spectrum".  I just started reading it,  Within the first 20 pages I am already determining that this will be a good read.

It is described as "A compassionate, hollistic, approach to recovery.

I do not have an Addiction (that I know of)  but the book covers all kinds of addictions  (drug, alcohol, gambling, ,eating, screens etc)  

Im looking forward to learning more about these addictions and approaches for interventiions, and prevention.

I'm a retired RN and I love learning new things.

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 9,875
I LOVE EVERYTHING TOM WOLFE HAS WRITTEN-( "THE RIGHT STUFF," "BONFIRE OF THE VANITIES," ETC.) &JUST STARTED "I AM CHARLOTTE SIMMONS "- LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER GREAT ONE.
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 9,875
I FINISHED IT & MISSED IT WHEN IT'S GONE ! TO ME, THAT IS THE MARK OF A GOOD BOOK AND/OR GOOD WRITER. IT'S DEFINITELY WORTH A READ!
Kudos
Views