AARP’s "Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families" can help make the job more manageable. Here’s how to receive a free copy.

Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: What's everyone reading?

Message 31 of 9,902

"The Addiction Spectrum"  This book just came out a few weeks ago and I've just started reading it.  It is written by a pediatrician Dr. Paul Thomas who I follow on You Tube.  I have no addiction that I know of... unless its a food addiction.  Which is what Im exploring.  The main reason I got this book is because I really like Dr. Thomas and as a nurse I like reading and learning.   https://www.harperacademic.com/book/9780062836885/the-addiction-spectrum/

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 9,902
CAN YOU INCLUDE A LINK TO SYNOPSIS OR DESCRIBE THE AUTHOR'S STYLE? FICTION OR NON-FICTION?
SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 9,902

"A Bridge Of Clay" by Narkus Zusak.  It just came out, so I don't even have it yet,but will order soon.  This is the author who wrote the great story "The Book Theif" (one of the best books I ever read). 

It has taken the author 13 years to write this book!!  Am really looking forward to it.

Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 9,902
"I AM CHARLOTTE SIMMONS " BY TOM WOLFE-I'D READ ANYTHING HE'S WRITTEN- ALWAYS A GREAT NOVEL, ESPECIALLY "THE RIGHT STUFF',"BONFIRE OF THE VANITIES","HEAT", ETC.
SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 9,902

I follow a pediatrician on you tube, I love his videoes and he is quite likable.  I recently learned that he has a past history of alcoholism and also has a recovery center he established in Callifornia.  It is for all kinds of addictions.  He recently hosted and "Addiction Summit" online which I found to be very interesting.  During the summit I learned that he had a new book coming out.  Since I was impressed with his knowlege and already liked him, I pre-ordered his book.  It arrived today.

The doctor's name is Paul Thomas, MD.  (check him out on you tube).  The book is titled  "The Addiction Spectrum".  I just started reading it,  Within the first 20 pages I am already determining that this will be a good read.

It is described as "A compassionate, hollistic, approach to recovery.

I do not have an Addiction (that I know of)  but the book covers all kinds of addictions  (drug, alcohol, gambling, ,eating, screens etc)  

Im looking forward to learning more about these addictions and approaches for interventiions, and prevention.

I'm a retired RN and I love learning new things.

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 9,902
I LOVE EVERYTHING TOM WOLFE HAS WRITTEN-( "THE RIGHT STUFF," "BONFIRE OF THE VANITIES," ETC.) &JUST STARTED "I AM CHARLOTTE SIMMONS "- LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER GREAT ONE.
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 9,902
I FINISHED IT & MISSED IT WHEN IT'S GONE ! TO ME, THAT IS THE MARK OF A GOOD BOOK AND/OR GOOD WRITER. IT'S DEFINITELY WORTH A READ!
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 9,902

I read the Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night. I found it very uncomfortable and frustrating, but well worth reading. It still bothers me, but it really got to me.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 9,902

Holes is good, too. Not for little kids.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 9,902

Older titles - In the Woods by Tana French and The Sculptress by Minnette Walters. You might like the author Jo Nesbo as those are too strong for me.

Kudos
Views