Credit freezes are free under a federal law that just went into effect. Learn how to protect your credit.

Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What's everyone reading?

Message 1 of 9,869
"I AM CHARLOTTE SIMMONS " BY TOM WOLFE-I'D READ ANYTHING HE'S WRITTEN- ALWAYS A GREAT NOVEL, ESPECIALLY "THE RIGHT STUFF',"BONFIRE OF THE VANITIES","HEAT", ETC.
SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 9,869

I follow a pediatrician on you tube, I love his videoes and he is quite likable.  I recently learned that he has a past history of alcoholism and also has a recovery center he established in Callifornia.  It is for all kinds of addictions.  He recently hosted and "Addiction Summit" online which I found to be very interesting.  During the summit I learned that he had a new book coming out.  Since I was impressed with his knowlege and already liked him, I pre-ordered his book.  It arrived today.

The doctor's name is Paul Thomas, MD.  (check him out on you tube).  The book is titled  "The Addiction Spectrum".  I just started reading it,  Within the first 20 pages I am already determining that this will be a good read.

It is described as "A compassionate, hollistic, approach to recovery.

I do not have an Addiction (that I know of)  but the book covers all kinds of addictions  (drug, alcohol, gambling, ,eating, screens etc)  

Im looking forward to learning more about these addictions and approaches for interventiions, and prevention.

I'm a retired RN and I love learning new things.

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 9,869
I LOVE EVERYTHING TOM WOLFE HAS WRITTEN-( "THE RIGHT STUFF," "BONFIRE OF THE VANITIES," ETC.) &JUST STARTED "I AM CHARLOTTE SIMMONS "- LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER GREAT ONE.
SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 9,869
I FINISHED IT & MISSED IT WHEN IT'S GONE ! TO ME, THAT IS THE MARK OF A GOOD BOOK AND/OR GOOD WRITER. IT'S DEFINITELY WORTH A READ!
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 9,869

I read the Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night. I found it very uncomfortable and frustrating, but well worth reading. It still bothers me, but it really got to me.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 9,869

Holes is good, too. Not for little kids.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 9,869

Older titles - In the Woods by Tana French and The Sculptress by Minnette Walters. You might like the author Jo Nesbo as those are too strong for me.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 9,869

I am so sorry you are in a low place. When I was in a really low place, I read alot of lay science and easy history like Bill Bryson, Simon Winchester or David McCullough. I am trying to think of soothing escape fiction. Maybe No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency or Carrying Albert Home. Or The Rosie Project.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 9,869

I keep meaning to read genuine Zane Grey, and will. Ever read Ivan Doig?

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 9,869

Too grim for me, but I loved Sharan Newman. Now out of print.

Kudos
Views