AARP’s "Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families" can help make the job more manageable. Here’s how to receive a free copy.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: re: What's everyone reading?

Message 61 of 9,902

Re reading Beloved by Toni Morrison loaded with rich tapestries of beauty. Beautiful language and imagery on a terrible dehumanizing era in United States history 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What's everyone reading?

Message 62 of 9,902

I just loved this book, 100 yr. Old Man etc.  I think I laughed at every page.  We don't get much to laugh at these days so this book was a godsend.  I recommended it to everyone & they all felt we need more books like this one.

I just listened to the audio book One Good Dog by Susan Wilson.  It's about a fighting pitbull who escapes & finds his way to a man whose whole life is coming apart.   I have the book Racing in the Rain by the same author which I haven't started yet.  Hoping it's as good as One Good Dog.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 9,902

The 100-hundred-year-old Man Who Climbed Out The Window and Disappeared by Jonas Jonasson

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 9,902
"MY LIFE WITH THE CHIMPANZEES" - JANE GOODALL. IT'S WRITTEN FOR JUVENILES, BUT STILL WELL-DONE & FASCINATING.
SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 9,902
I am reading the one and only Ivan and wonder.
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 9,902

Just began the Queen's Lover by Francine Du Plessix Gray.  It is about Axel von Fersen,  Queen Marie Antoinette's paramour.   Wellwritten and entertaining if you enjoy historical fiction.

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 9,902

@l483260l wrote:
I RECOMMEND "MARLEY & ME" BY__? WELL DONE

Really? I've been looking at that one but for some reason I haven't gotten it yet. Maybe I'll put it in my wish list...

Assume nothing. Question everything. And start thinking.
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 9,902
I RECOMMEND "MARLEY & ME" BY__? WELL DONE
SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 9,902

I've just finished listening to a series of audiobooks by David Rosenfelt, read by Grover Gardner.  It's about a dog-loving attorney, Andy Carpenter, and his associates; and it's filled with intrigue, wit, humor, and warmth.  Enjoyed them so much!  Wish Mr. Rosenfelt and Mr. Gardner would crank them out much faster.

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 9,902

I just picked up the following at the library:

The King's Witch by Cecelia Holland

Viper Wine by Hermione Eyre

Light and indulgent reading about periods in history which I already know quite a bit about.  It is soothing to read these  kinds of books  when there is a great deal of turmoil to deal with.

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Kudos
Views