Get the vision care news and information you need in the AARP Eye Center.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: re: What's everyone reading?

Message 81 of 9,922
FROM THERE, I RECOMMEND GOING TO ANYTHING BY ALICE WALKER, THEN "THEIR EYES WERE WATCHING GOD" BY ZORA NEALE HURSTON- CLASSIC !
SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: re: What's everyone reading?

Message 82 of 9,922

Re reading Beloved by Toni Morrison loaded with rich tapestries of beauty. Beautiful language and imagery on a terrible dehumanizing era in United States history 

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What's everyone reading?

Message 83 of 9,922

I just loved this book, 100 yr. Old Man etc.  I think I laughed at every page.  We don't get much to laugh at these days so this book was a godsend.  I recommended it to everyone & they all felt we need more books like this one.

I just listened to the audio book One Good Dog by Susan Wilson.  It's about a fighting pitbull who escapes & finds his way to a man whose whole life is coming apart.   I have the book Racing in the Rain by the same author which I haven't started yet.  Hoping it's as good as One Good Dog.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 84 of 9,922

The 100-hundred-year-old Man Who Climbed Out The Window and Disappeared by Jonas Jonasson

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 85 of 9,922
"MY LIFE WITH THE CHIMPANZEES" - JANE GOODALL. IT'S WRITTEN FOR JUVENILES, BUT STILL WELL-DONE & FASCINATING.
SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 86 of 9,922
I am reading the one and only Ivan and wonder.
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 87 of 9,922

Just began the Queen's Lover by Francine Du Plessix Gray.  It is about Axel von Fersen,  Queen Marie Antoinette's paramour.   Wellwritten and entertaining if you enjoy historical fiction.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 88 of 9,922

@l483260l wrote:
I RECOMMEND "MARLEY & ME" BY__? WELL DONE

Really? I've been looking at that one but for some reason I haven't gotten it yet. Maybe I'll put it in my wish list...

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 89 of 9,922
I RECOMMEND "MARLEY & ME" BY__? WELL DONE
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 90 of 9,922

I've just finished listening to a series of audiobooks by David Rosenfelt, read by Grover Gardner.  It's about a dog-loving attorney, Andy Carpenter, and his associates; and it's filled with intrigue, wit, humor, and warmth.  Enjoyed them so much!  Wish Mr. Rosenfelt and Mr. Gardner would crank them out much faster.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season