Open enrollment for the ACA health insurance marketplace ends Saturday! There's still time to sign up or change your plan.

Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What's everyone reading?

Message 41 of 9,879
"MY LIFE WITH THE CHIMPANZEES" - JANE GOODALL. IT'S WRITTEN FOR JUVENILES, BUT STILL WELL-DONE & FASCINATING.
SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 9,879
I am reading the one and only Ivan and wonder.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 9,879

Just began the Queen's Lover by Francine Du Plessix Gray.  It is about Axel von Fersen,  Queen Marie Antoinette's paramour.   Wellwritten and entertaining if you enjoy historical fiction.

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 9,879

@l483260l wrote:
I RECOMMEND "MARLEY & ME" BY__? WELL DONE

Really? I've been looking at that one but for some reason I haven't gotten it yet. Maybe I'll put it in my wish list...

Assume nothing. Question everything. And start thinking.
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 9,879
I RECOMMEND "MARLEY & ME" BY__? WELL DONE
SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 9,879

I've just finished listening to a series of audiobooks by David Rosenfelt, read by Grover Gardner.  It's about a dog-loving attorney, Andy Carpenter, and his associates; and it's filled with intrigue, wit, humor, and warmth.  Enjoyed them so much!  Wish Mr. Rosenfelt and Mr. Gardner would crank them out much faster.

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 9,879

I just picked up the following at the library:

The King's Witch by Cecelia Holland

Viper Wine by Hermione Eyre

Light and indulgent reading about periods in history which I already know quite a bit about.  It is soothing to read these  kinds of books  when there is a great deal of turmoil to deal with.

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 9,879

I'm now reading Above by Isla Morley.  I sometimes wonder where authors get their ideas.  The book is about a girl who is kidnapped & kept in a bomb shelter because Armaggeden (spelling?) is approaching.  Can't wait for the end to find out if she ever gets out.  Right now she's in there 6 yrs.

I finished reading Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind which was so intense I have to wait awhile before starting the 2nd book of the 3 book series.  If you like scifi/fantasy this is the author.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 9,879

The Rooster Bar

By: John Grisham

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 9,879
I HAVE A SIMILAR QUIRK(& THE USE OF ONLY ONE HAND,) SO A BOOK OF OVER 300 PAGES IS VERY DIFFICULT TO HOLD & READ IN BED, AS IS MY CUSTOM. BUT IF IT'S AN INCREDIBLE BOOK ( LIKE "WAR & PEACE", FINNEGAN'S WAKE" OR THE COMPLETE WORKS OF ALLEN GINSBERG, I WILL TRY. READ ON!
Kudos
Views