How can you keep your personal information safe from online scammers on the dark web? Find out on AARP Live at 10 p.m. ET.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What's everyone reading?

Message 71 of 9,869

The Good Girl  Mary Kubica

A really good thriller!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 9,869

@LaDolceVitawrote:

@nyadrn  I am still recovering from what has happened with mom.  Everything has changed. 

@LaDolceVita  I hope she is improving and I wish you the best!!!

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 9,869

Welcome to this thread all!  It has been long neglected unfortunately.  @doglvr  Historical fiction is one of my favorites too.

@nyadrn  I am still recovering from what has happened with mom.  Everything has changed. 

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 9,869

This is my 1st visit to the Community forums but the word books just "grabbed" me.  I'm an avid reader & am surrounded by books.  I read anything except romances.  Historical fiction is my favorite, followed by sci-fi.  I just started Ken Follett's World Without End, which is his sequel to Pillars of the Earth.  It took me a long time to start it as it's such a long book, but a page turner, because I have so many other books to get to. 

Is there such an addiction as books?  If there is I'm an addict who doesn't want to be cured.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 9,869
I finished reading "Momma's Chuckles - The Heartfelt and Humorous Journey Through Alzheimer's". Love it! My Momma fought the devastation of ALZ through her witty and humorous remarks! Only book avail with ALZHEIMER'S and Humorous in the same sentence.
Pls review and share. Released March 2018.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 76 of 9,869

I read all kinds of books - old and new. Right now I'm reading Zane Grey's Riders of the Purple Sage, since I was in the mood for a western. I find it quite interesting.

~Michelle~

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 9,869

@LaDolceVitawrote:

@nyadrn  I hope to return!!  My mom had a stroke last month, still in crisis mode.  I am still reading thoughWoman Happy

@LaDolceVitaI am so sorry for having missed this post.  I hope that your mom is doing better.  Please let me know how you are! Heart

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 78 of 9,869

It Can’t Happen Here” is a classic novel written by Author, Sinclair Lewis: ISBN#: 045121658X

♦♦♦ A charismatic and power-hungry politician, is elected President of the United States on a populist platform, promising to restore the country to prosperity and greatness, and, more importantly, promising each citizen $5,000 a year (approximately $79,270, adjusted for inflation). Once in power, however, he becomes a dictator; he outlaws political dissent, puts his political enemies in concentration camps, and creates a paramilitary force who terrorize the citizens on a Law and Order platform in the idealism of a delusional corrupt jingoistic  spirit. One of his first actions as President is to make changes to the Constitution which give him sole power over the country, rendering Congress obsolete. This is met by protest from the congress as well as outraged citizens, but he declares a state of martial law and throws the protesters in jail. As democracy is dismantled, most Americans either support him and his Corpo Regime wholeheartedly and keep reassuring themselves that fascism “can’t happen here” in America,…

Dennis Burk Lintz
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 79 of 9,869

@nyadrn  I hope to return!!  My mom had a stroke last month, still in crisis mode.  I am still reading thoughWoman Happy

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Christmas Carol Murder

Message 80 of 9,869

By Leslie Meier Books Lucy Stone series 1 thru 23. Up to book 20. I really like these  hard cover & paperbackbooks Large print.

Kudos
Views