Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: What's everyone reading?

Message 181 of 9,965
Twice I logged in and then couldn't reply, I see what you mean about being difficult to post on. I started TWO KINDS OF TRUTH, the latest Harry Bosch book by Michael Connelly, just last night. That's my latest.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 182 of 9,965

I'm still reading, but this forum is so difficult to post on or reply to, and I'm pretty tech-savvy. I had a hard enough time trying to respond to you.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 183 of 9,965

Wow  this topic was created years ago and was active for a really long time and it is sad to see that no one is posting here..

Is anyone still reading??

@LaDolceVita  what about you?

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 184 of 9,965

@nerbay75wrote:

Tunes of the Twenties and All That Jazz by Robert Rawlins. This fun book tell the stories behind 250 classic songs of the Jazz Age, including some by Irving Berlin, Louis Armstrong, Jelly Roll Morton, and many others. The stories are intriguing and sometimes unbelievable. You can read one or two at a time, or maybe you won't want to put it down.Highly recommended for people who like GOOD music!

Thank you for sharing this.  I am going to share the info in the music group. 

Diane

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 185 of 9,965
Thanks. Gonna try to get these at my local Library!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 186 of 9,965

Tunes of the Twenties and All That Jazz by Robert Rawlins. This fun book tell the stories behind 250 classic songs of the Jazz Age, including some by Irving Berlin, Louis Armstrong, Jelly Roll Morton, and many others. The stories are intriguing and sometimes unbelievable. You can read one or two at a time, or maybe you won't want to put it down.Highly recommended for people who like GOOD music!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 187 of 9,965

tonyab140166 wrote:

I'm loving Celeste Ng's novel Little Fires Everywhere. It's been a long time since I've read all day long, unable to put down a book. And what a gifted writer Ng is! 

Wow.

Reading Faithful Place   Tana French.  Excellent.  Love her books!

Thanks for sharing!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 188 of 9,965

I'm loving Celeste Ng's novel Little Fires Everywhere. It's been a long time since I've read all day long, unable to put down a book. And what a gifted writer Ng is! 

Wow.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 189 of 9,965

I just listened to Jacob T. Marley on Audible, and, folks, this is a new Christmas classic!  It is the backstory to "A Christmas Carol" and is an amazing little gem of a book.  There is just so much more to the story than we were led to believe.  It's a great read, but an even better listen with narrator Simon Vance.  Don't miss it!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 190 of 9,965

I got through "Y is for Yesterday" but it was full of thoroughly unlikeable teenagers who became thoroughly unlikeable adults.  I also realized how much detail Sue Grafton put into this book that was nothing but filler.  However, I read on, I've read them all and am waiting to see how she closes out with Z.  Also, read a speculative rumor that she's going to keep Kinsey going by using numbers.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Learn how to improve your problem-solving skills and enter the Love Your Brain sweepstakes from AARP Staying Sharp!

Top Authors