Staying Sharp empowers you to take control of your brain health as you age. Try it today!

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What's everyone reading?

Message 161 of 9,925

The Precious One. Marisa De Los Santos

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 162 of 9,925

The Rules of Lovd and Grammar

Mary Simses

pretty good

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 163 of 9,925

The Casual Vacancy.  J K Rowling

really good!!!

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 164 of 9,925

I'm currently reading Al Roker Never Goin' Back and Rob Lowe Stories I Only Tell My Friends

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 165 of 9,925

I'm reading with our church Bible Study group; called: "Soul Feaster's";

Understanding the Human Jesus, by: Andrew Canale.

Last week we read about the Woman with a hemorage.

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 166 of 9,925

I am reading The Four Agreements.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: What's everyone reading?A Wilderness Of Mirrors

Message 167 of 9,925

A Wilderness of Mirrors by R J Kapart a murder mystery about stalking betrayal psychology wealth infidelity sex that lead story line incorporatings to murder available direct from the publisher at www.wildernessink.org Buy the book read the book enjoy the book and tell your friends .R J Kapharts first work of fiction.This intriguing story centers on the lives of Crystal and James Hoffman Outwardly they are a wealthy couple in small Midwest town.Kaphart has crafted a complex and engaging story line incorporating several psychological sexual twists and turns that ultimately end in liberation for some ,death for others and frustration for a hardboiled Detective near the end of his career. Written in an easy to read style.  reviewed by Celestine Behlke 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 168 of 9,925

@vanessat808561 wrote:

Hello everyone,

I am currently reading Lie To Me by J. T. Ellison and just finished reading American Fire.

I love to read memoirs, suspense thrillers and Nicholas Sparks novels. If anyone has any reccommendations please let me know.

Thank You,

V A Trafton

Sounds good.  Reading The Sleeping Beauty Killer. Mary Higgins Clark. 

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 169 of 9,925

Hello everyone,

I am currently reading Lie To Me by J. T. Ellison and just finished reading American Fire.

I love to read memoirs, suspense thrillers and Nicholas Sparks novels. If anyone has any reccommendations please let me know.

Thank You,

V A Trafton

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 170 of 9,925

@gatorgorilla wrote:

@nyadrn wrote:

Author Talk-'Laurel Canyon: The Inside Story of Rock-and-Roll's Legendary Neighborhood'  Michael Walker

>>

@nyadrn  I've read "Laurel Canyon: The Inside Story of Rock-and-Roll's Legendary Neighborhood" - it was a fun read - hope you find a copy and thoroughly enjoy it! Smiley Very Happy

I've just finished reading two books about The Bee Gees:  1. "The Bee Gees:  The Biography" by David N. Meyer, copyright 2013.  This book includes the deaths of both Maurice and Robin.  It also includes a good bit about Andy Gibb.  2. "You Should Be Dancing: My Life With The Bee Gees" by Dennis Bryon, copyright 2015.  Dennis Bryon was drummer with The Bee Gees' band for a number of years.  The first portion of his book covers his time/work with other Welsh/British bands, prior to his hooking up with the Gibb brothers.  He, too, writes about Andy Gibb.

I secured a copy of Sue Grafton's latest, "Y Is For Yesterday", from our library, skimmed through a few portions of it, including the closing chapter, and returned the book to the library.  Will try again, in a few months, to read it.  It simply didn't hold my interest like the earlier Kinsey Milhone "alphabet" mysteries did.  Must admit, I am looking forward to seeing what Grafton does with the "Z" book in this series!

I have the two latest books in Marcia Muller's Sharon McCone mystery series, at hand presently, "Someone Always Knows" and "The Color of Fear".  I haven't enjoyed this series as much since McCone married Hy Ripinsky, who is involved in clandestine international intrigue.  But I definitely love roaming San Francisco and surrounding areas with the main characters, and there have been some interesting characters brought on board, either at McCone's agency or in her family circle, over the years.

I'm also keeping up with Bill Pronzini's "Nameless Detective" series - it's great fun being immersed in San Francisco area with one who knows it intimately, and I love Pronzini's style and his detective's "take" on life in general.

(Marcia Muller and Bill Pronzini are a married couple, and have written a number of non-fiction books and suspense novels together.)

After the Muller books, I have Daphne DuMaurier's "Jamaica Inn" lined up.  I read it when much younger, so this will be a re-read.

Boy you are zipping right along.  You do great summaries!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season