Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: What's everyone reading?

Message 361 of 9,965
I can barely pass one of his books in the library eventhough I force myself often. I just know that any book that he writes will be a good read for me.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 362 of 9,965

Just about anything from James Patterson, new, old and/or with anyone else.  I love that guy.  Try to squeeze others in between.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 363 of 9,965

I've been on a Sci-Fi binge:

Vernor Vinge: Rainbows End Smiley Happy

Zones of Thought trilogy: A Fire Upon The Deep Heart, A Deepness in the Sky Man Happy, The Children of the Sky Man Happy

Ready Player One by Ernrst Cline Heart, Omnitopia Dawn by Diane Duane Smiley Happy, The Martian by Andy Weir 

Tags (2)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 364 of 9,965

I just finished "The Swan Garden" by Anne Biggs. Although a novel, it is based on her birth mother's journals of her experiences in a Mother/Baby Home, the laundries, and of her life after. It was one of those good reads ; I couldn't  put  it down until I finished.     

jud

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 365 of 9,965

Read Susan Goslak's  Lexi Taylor and Ray Jansen mystery/romance series (testing The Waters and Keeping Promises can Be murder). Waiting for the third book(Scared To Death).

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 366 of 9,965

Just finished The Sisters of St. Croix (Diney Coster). The Swans of Fifth Avenue Melanie Benjamin). The Victoria Thompson series; Murder in --------. Collision Course (Alvin Moscow). The Stranger and the Statesman (Nina Burleigh). For our book club we are now reading The Great Gatsby (F.Scott Fitzgerald).

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 367 of 9,965

Love Susan Branch's books. Just read "Isle of Dreams". She writes her books in her own handwriting with photos and quotes. Very witty, inspiring and fun.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 368 of 9,965

Just read Wilde Lake by Laura Lippman.  Fantastic read!  Currently reading I almost forgot about you by Terry McMillan

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 369 of 9,965

Great to see you again Diane!  Of course I knew you didnt stop reading.   I try hard to not let this thread die, as it really is my favorite.  Sue (Doglover)  is a prodigious reader so she is instrumental in keeping us going.  I will endeavor to keep you and Pam around by hook or crook haha!

A friend gave me Love is Eternal by Irving Stone,  about Mary Todd Lincoln.  It appears Stone is out of fashion right now but his historical novels are a joy to read in my opinion.  I have ordered several books from the library and will report when I get them.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 370 of 9,965

@nyadrn   I just did a little internet search to learn more about books by authors Karen Harper & Jenny Milchman.  I will be looking for some of their books at library - thanks for mentioning them.  At the moment, Jenny Milchman's "Cover of Snow" particularly appeals, as a possible good read.

Karen Harper does historical novels, which generally appeal to me, especially if written by a female author. I don't like that I favor female authors when reading fiction, & I do try fiction by male authors.  But I end up reading fiction almost exclusively by females.  (Think I've previously mentioned one male author that I do read, Bill Pronzini, who writes the "Nameless Detective" mystery series.)  

I may pursue "Justice For Bonnie".  Can only take so much of that type topic/tragedy.  I read & then step away - the actual family & friends of such victims don't have that luxury, of course.

Thank you for the kind remark about the summaries I do - took me by surprise!    Pam

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Learn how to improve your problem-solving skills and enter the Love Your Brain sweepstakes from AARP Staying Sharp!

Top Authors