Do you or your loved ones suspect a scam? Report it now to the AARP Fraud Watch Network.

Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What's everyone reading?

Message 351 of 9,918

Janese, it is so good to see you.  I am still posting here but have been too busy to breathe for the last 2 months or so.  Please do visit often!!

We all miss Edie and wonder how she is doing.  So many friends and great readers have stopped posting.

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 352 of 9,918

Just finished "ALL THE LIGHT WE CANNOT SEE" by Anthony Doerr.

It is a winner of the Pulitzer Prize.

A really excellent story,  extremely well written.  I loved it!

Highly recommend to everyone!

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 353 of 9,918
Hi bonjovi,
I am currently reading Dragons Lost by Daniel Arenson (it's fantasy). He writes some fantastic trilogies about the dragons of Requiem which are about the trials and tribulations of the humans that can turn into dragons (Vir Requis). As a history major and world events watcher, his stories reflect on the nature of humans not willing to accept any one different from them (the Vir Requis).
Lindy Witz
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 354 of 9,918

It's been a long time since I posted here.  I started this group and would love to get it going again.  Not quite sure how it works now.  I left because I didn't care for the changes but miss everyone so hopefully I will figure it out.

Currently reading Murder at the Opera by Margaret Truman.  It is in large print making it a very easy read.  I've read a few others by her and have always enjoyed them.  Love reading about the Washington D.C. area since I have been there several times and know exactly where she is referring.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 355 of 9,918

Targon Tales - Sky Hunter by Chris Reher.   For those of you who enjoy SciFi you need to check out this author.

Lindy Witz
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 356 of 9,918

The Secret Chord by Geraldine Brooks

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 357 of 9,918

Samaritan by Richard Price.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 358 of 9,918

The book I'm about to start is "The Nine: Inside the Secret World of The Supreme Court" by Jeffrey Toobin. He is senior legal analyst at CNN. I've always been interested in this topic,book was written 8 yrs ago. I have some knowledge about the legal system. My dad was a lawyer,my 1st job was working at a local law firm as a 'gofer'. The pay was lousy but I learned how a law firm operates. Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 359 of 9,918
I am currently read "The Book of Deacon Anthology" by Joseph Lallo. It is a fantasy. It is a fantastic read and even though it is over 1700 pages, I will probably finish it this weekend. For those interested in SciFi/Fantasy this is a book you will want to get. I will not give any part of the book away.
Lindy Witz
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 360 of 9,918

@gatorgorilla wrote:

It's great to see new posters here at "What's Everyone Reading?"  Smiley Happy    Welcome to each of you! 

Yes, it is good to have new poster!  I have not been here as regularly I meant to be.  Life has been way too hectic.  I must go though these latest posts for new ideas.

I have just finished reading  Things You Can When You Are Dead by Tricia Robertson.  I heard her on a podcast and really enjoyhed listening to her.  She has a lovely Scottish accent and her subject was fascinating.   Now I am reading  Royalty's Strangest Characters by Geoff Tibballs, which is a light hearted look at history.

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Kudos
Views