Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: What's everyone reading?

Message 361 of 9,922

Samaritan by Richard Price.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 362 of 9,922

The book I'm about to start is "The Nine: Inside the Secret World of The Supreme Court" by Jeffrey Toobin. He is senior legal analyst at CNN. I've always been interested in this topic,book was written 8 yrs ago. I have some knowledge about the legal system. My dad was a lawyer,my 1st job was working at a local law firm as a 'gofer'. The pay was lousy but I learned how a law firm operates. Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 363 of 9,922
I am currently read "The Book of Deacon Anthology" by Joseph Lallo. It is a fantasy. It is a fantastic read and even though it is over 1700 pages, I will probably finish it this weekend. For those interested in SciFi/Fantasy this is a book you will want to get. I will not give any part of the book away.
Lindy Witz
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 364 of 9,922

@gatorgorilla wrote:

It's great to see new posters here at "What's Everyone Reading?"  Smiley Happy    Welcome to each of you! 

Yes, it is good to have new poster!  I have not been here as regularly I meant to be.  Life has been way too hectic.  I must go though these latest posts for new ideas.

I have just finished reading  Things You Can When You Are Dead by Tricia Robertson.  I heard her on a podcast and really enjoyhed listening to her.  She has a lovely Scottish accent and her subject was fascinating.   Now I am reading  Royalty's Strangest Characters by Geoff Tibballs, which is a light hearted look at history.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 365 of 9,922

The book I'm reading now is "The Star Wars Trilogy" by George Lucas,Donald F.Glut,James Khan.

When the original 3 movies came out"Star Wars' in '77,"The Empire Strikes Back" in '79,"The Return of The Jedi" '83,saw 3 or 4 times loved them all.

The main reason I'm reading this book,it helps me to remember how it all started with these beloved characters so many fans around the world couldn't get enough of. Last Dec,I saw the latest installment"Star Wars:Force Awakening" twice,loved it perfect sequel to "Return of The Jedi". I never liked the other movies that were made in between this one Sue

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 366 of 9,922

I finished "The Love Song of Queenie Henessey" by Rachel Joyce. It was a little longer than her previous book "The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry",but I enjoyed it. I recommend both books Sue

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 367 of 9,922

I finished reading the book "The MonopolistsSmiley Frustratedcandal Behind the World's Favorite Boardgame" by Mary Pilon. It was interesting for awhile,towards the end I skimmed thru pages.

The book I'm reading now is "The Love Song of Miss Queenie Hennessy" by Rachel Joyce which is a sequel of sorts.In her previous book"The Unlikely Prilgrimage of Harold Frye",Queenie writes a farewell note to her friend from a hospice.When Harold gets the note,he decides to walk from his house to where she is to say goodbye..He sends her postcards asking her to 'hold on' until he gets there.

In this book,we learn about Queenie's childhood,where&when she&Harold became friends,what secret she never told him.I loved the previous book,took me 2 days to finish.This one is longer,just as good. Sue

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 368 of 9,922

I just finished reading "Endurance" by Alfred Lansing,true story of British explorer,Ernest Shackleton's trip to Antarctica, was interesting reading what Shackleton&his men had to deal with.

Next up is"The Monopolists: Obession,Fury,and The Scandal behind the World's Favorite Board Game" by Molly Pilon. I'm always interested in reading these type of books whenever there is a scandal involved. Sue

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 369 of 9,922

It's great to see new posters here at "What's Everyone Reading?"  Smiley Happy    Welcome to each of you! 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 370 of 9,922

@pb40374959 wrote:

Just finishing Victoria Thompson's Murder in Murry Hill. Last week read Loving, Frank, about Frank Lloyd Wright, very interesting. Need to read the classic A Tree Grows In Brooklyn for our book club in 3 weeks.

@pb40374959  -  I love the Victoria Thompson "Gaslight Mysteries" series featuring midwife Sarah Brandt and Police Detective Sergeant Frank Malloy.

I've read "Murder In Murray Hill", all the previous books in the series, and the two books which follow "Murray Hill":  "Murder on Amsterdam Avenue" and "Murder on St. Nicholas Avenue".  Am looking forward to the next installment, "Murder in Morningside Heights", with publication date of 5/3/2016.

In "Murder on St. Nicholas Avenue" Sarah's parents & two other recurring characters solve the featured mystery & then resolve to form a detective agency.  The book ends on a comical note, as Sarah's father invites Frank to join their new agency. 

Kudos
Views