What's everyone reading?

Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What's everyone reading?

Message 551 of 9,944

Goodness, its been a long time since I posted  and I do not have any new reading material to report.  However, I did get to visit Margaret Mitchell's apartment and gravesite in Atlanta and that is related to books Woman Happy.  We had a beautiful spring day for the visit.

I am still trying to finish Mary Queen of Scots and the Muder of Lord Darnley by Alison Weir.  It is interesting, nonfiction and very small print.  I have been at it for 6 weeks.  I am hoping to get a larger print when I rerequest from the library.  There are some other books waiting for me at the library which are easier to read so I'll report back when I pick those up.

I hope spring has arrived for everyone by now.  It has been a long winter.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 552 of 9,944

@bonjovi wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thought
I'd get my thread started here on what's everyone readingI'm currently
reading John Grisham's "The Summons".  It's very interesting and I hope to finish it
sometime todayWhat's on your coffee table, nightstand or end table?

Janese

I just finished a book called Cruxim.  It is about a mythological entity called a cruxim that survives by feeding on vampires.  In fact its mission in life is to destroy vampires.  During his travels he falls in love with two diffrent people.  One he loves like a daughter who ends up being turned into a vampire by his greatest enemy.  The other is a sphinx.  This is the type of books I like, paranormal romance.

Skeeter
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 553 of 9,944

I finished reading the Johnson&Johnson book,was fascinating but it was too long at 490 pgs.

The book I'm reading now is"This Is Your Captain Speaking" memoir by TV actor,Gavin MacLeod. I like reading memoirs how actors/actresses started out before they became famous.This will be a quick read 257pgs. Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 554 of 9,944

@Angel-Sally wrote:

Sue, Those all look good.  I would start with the one you are reading now.  I'm currently still reading a book by Tami Hoag that someone here recommended called Cold, Cold Heart or somethng like that.  I'm enjoying it.  Not having as much time to read as I'd like.  Hope to finish in a couple of days because I have to read the book for book club.  I read it several years ago but don't remember mujch about it.  I'm going to check out the book club questions for that book which might help me remember more of the story.

Hi,back in the late 90's I read 6 of Tami Hoag's books,they were all well written but I haven't read any lately including the one you mentioned. She is a good mystery writer Sue

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 555 of 9,944

Sue, Those all look good.  I would start with the one you are reading now.  I'm currently still reading a book by Tami Hoag that someone here recommended called Cold, Cold Heart or somethng like that.  I'm enjoying it.  Not having as much time to read as I'd like.  Hope to finish in a couple of days because I have to read the book for book club.  I read it several years ago but don't remember mujch about it.  I'm going to check out the book club questions for that book which might help me remember more of the story.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 556 of 9,944

@Angel-Sally wrote:

I like those kinds of books also, Sue.  I haven't researched the author.  Has he written more types of these books?

Hi Angel-Sally, the other books Jerry Oppenheimer has written are"The Other Mrs. Kennedy"-about Ethel,"State of The Union:Inside Complex Marriage of Bill&Hillary Clinton","Just Desserts"-Martha Stewart,"Front Row"-about Vogue editor in chief,Anna Wintour,"House of Hilton: from Conrad to Paris,"Toy Monster" -story of Mattel Toys,"Seinfeld:Making of an Amercian Icon","Idol" Rock Hudson,True Story of an Amercian Film Hero". The Johnson&Johnson book is fascinating,almost finished reading it Sue

Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 557 of 9,944

Just finished "Summons," today, myself Smiley Happy I really enjoyed Grisham's "Playing for Pizza" and "A Painted House," also. Stephen King's "11/22/63," my favorite King novel. 

Ronald K. McHaney
Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

What's everyone reading?

Message 558 of 9,944

I like those kinds of books also, Sue.  I haven't researched the author.  Has he written more types of these books?

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 559 of 9,944

I absolutely loved Edward Adrift by Craig Lancaster-- the follow-up to 600 Hours of Edward.  Wow, what a story! It sounds trite, I know, but I laughed, I cried, and I totally felt everything Edward felt. The storytelling and prose are impeccable. I love the rhythms of these two books, from Edward's routines and notations to his notes about his "favorite" words, which so often are mine, too. I miss Edward when I'm not reading about him. I highly recommend this book and its predecessor, 600 Hours of Edward. You won't regret it.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 560 of 9,944

@jgaff55 wrote:
Nancy,

I am so glad you found us again. I have been out of touch for the last few weeks, and now I have to catch up on all of the posts I missed.

I loved the Outlander books, and I thought the series was well done.

Jan

As I write this, we are exactly one month away from Outlander, episode nine.  I'm not quite finished with the first book in the Outlander series, but want to be finished by April 4th, when the TV series begins again.  Lots of reading to do!

Nancy

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo