Help seniors affected by the California wildfires! Donate now and your gift will be matched up to a total of $300,000.

Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

re: What's everyone reading?

Message 9871 of 9,875
In Response to post:

Actually there is one book that I did read recently, but I didn't mention it because of it's religious nature. At first I through it in the trash, and then I went back and rescued it. Mainly because I wanted to see if anyone else on here had read it. The book came to me free in the mail addressed to the resident. At first I though it was from some church like the ones who come around banging on my door on Saturday, which annoys me to no end. I do believe with out really checking on the author from what he says in the book that he is either a Seven Day Adventist or has leanings toward them. Of course if he believes all that he writes in his book, it is apparent that he hates the catholic church and all that it stands for.

The name of the book was "The Enemy Unmasked, SE, by Bill Hughes," I did a search on the net and found several references to the book, and it is for sell at one place for $5.00 a copy. It turns out that he has written two books, the other is, " The Secret Terrorists." Which I have not read yet, but I have found and ear marked a copy on line to read later, if I have the time.

Any way it seems that back in history the catholic church and the pope established the order of the Jesuits. Later after being thrown out by the monarch's of most of the countries, they formed the Illuminati to hide behind. Today they are suppose to be a very strong organization who's main purpose is the destruction of protestantism. They are suppose to be the force behind all the trouble in the world, and their main objective now is the destruction on the United States. You have to read the book yourself to see how he ties it all together.

I must admit that a lot of what he says seems to explain the state of the world today, and what has happened to this country in the last eight years. That doesn't mean I believe half of what he says, but it does set me thinking, and the book will probable end up back in the trash. I do believe there is some group that is pulling the strings behind the scenes to line their own pockets, with out care for what happens to this country or its people.

Copyright 2008 by Gordon K.Glatz

Feel free to mention any book you've read for it may be of interest to someone.  I have not read the book you mentioned but did read both The DaVinci Code and Angels and Demons by Dan Brown.  They were both fascinating.  I like what you said about reading it didn't mean you believed half of what the author said but it did get you thinking.  If it did that than I think the book was worth reading.

I finished The Summons and am now reading "Open House" by Elizabeth Berg.  A light but enjoyable read on the Oprah book club list.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9872 of 9,875
In Response to post:

Actually there is one book that I did read recently, but I didn't mention it because of it's religious nature. At first I through it in the trash, and then I went back and rescued it. Mainly because I wanted to see if anyone else on here had read it. The book came to me free in the mail addressed to the resident. At first I though it was from some church like the ones who come around banging on my door on Saturday, which annoys me to no end. I do believe with out really checking on the author from what he says in the book that he is either a Seven Day Adventist or has leanings toward them. Of course if he believes all that he writes in his book, it is apparent that he hates the catholic church and all that it stands for.

The name of the book was "The Enemy Unmasked, SE, by Bill Hughes," I did a search on the net and found several references to the book, and it is for sell at one place for $5.00 a copy. It turns out that he has written two books, the other is, " The Secret Terrorists." Which I have not read yet, but I have found and ear marked a copy on line to read later, if I have the time.

Any way it seems that back in history the catholic church and the pope established the order of the Jesuits. Later after being thrown out by the monarch's of most of the countries, they formed the Illuminati to hide behind. Today they are suppose to be a very strong organization who's main purpose is the destruction of protestantism. They are suppose to be the force behind all the trouble in the world, and their main objective now is the destruction on the United States. You have to read the book yourself to see how he ties it all together.

I must admit that a lot of what he says seems to explain the state of the world today, and what has happened to this country in the last eight years. That doesn't mean I believe half of what he says, but it does set me thinking, and the book will probable end up back in the trash. I do believe there is some group that is pulling the strings behind the scenes to line their own pockets, with out care for what happens to this country or its people.

The
Illuminati, I
remember
reading
about
them. I
watched
the
film, the
DaVinci
Code, and
they
have
similar
secrecy
conspiracy
theories. I
find
it
fascinating.

Hope
you
enjoy
that
one.

I
picked
up
a
copy
of
Betrayal
of
Trust, regarding
the
health
care /insurance
industry. When
I
say "picked
up" I
should
put
emphasis
there- since
it
must
weigh
more
than
any
book
I
ever
picked
up.

It
is
a
very
long
read, so
it
will
really
have
to
grab
me
to
see
me
through
to
the
end.

I;ll
let
you
know
if
I
make
it
to
the
end.

Have
a
great
day!

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9873 of 9,875
In Response to What's everyone reading?
:

Hi
everyone,

Thought
I'd
get
my
thread
started
here
on
what's
everyone
readingI'm
currently
reading
John
Grisham's "The
Summons".  It's
very
interesting
and
I
hope
to
finish
it
sometime
todayWhat's
on
your
coffee
table, nightstand
or
end
table?

Janese

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

What's everyone reading?

Message 9874 of 9,875

Hi
everyone,

Thought
I'd
get
my
thread
started
here
on
what's
everyone
readingI'm
currently
reading
John
Grisham's "The
Summons".  It's
very
interesting
and
I
hope
to
finish
it
sometime
todayWhat's
on
your
coffee
table, nightstand
or
end
table?

Janese

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

What's everyone reading?

Message 9874 of 9,875

Hi everyone,

Thought
I'd get my thread started here on what's everyone readingI'm currently
reading John Grisham's "The Summons".  It's very interesting and I hope to finish it
sometime todayWhat's on your coffee table, nightstand or end table?

Janese

Kudos
Views
Replies