Get the vision care news and information you need in the AARP Eye Center.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Walking

Message 1 of 4

@paperbratwrote:

I love to walk for exercise but since I have moved to another state I am have a hard time finding an indoor walking location for inclement weather.

Shame on you.  I walk 10 miles/day, 3 times/week, outdoors in all kinds of weather, in the Chicago area (zone 5).  The worst is after a heavy snow because many homeowners do not clear their sidewalks and, invariably, businesses with parking lots not only fail to clear their sidewalks, but, actually plow snow from parking lots onto the sidewalks.  Then, I walk in the streets. And, I multitask by buying stuff at stores.

Old Witch
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4

@paperbratwrote:

I love to walk for exercise but since I have moved to another state I am have a hard time finding an indoor walking location for inclement weather.

@paperbrat There are all kinds of options depending on your ability to get around. 

People that live in high rise buildings often walk the hallways.  Many hospitals now have areas that allow for walking in atriums or other areas.

As stated by another poster mall walking is common.

Many local public buildings now have spaces for the public and their enployees to walk.  

Take some time and explore your city.  You might also check with your local senior center for other ideas and for walking groups if you are interested.

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4

My mom walks at the mall. Do you have one nearby? Apparently the ones around here are open in the main areas about an hour before the stores open and a lot of seniors go walking....

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Walking

Message 4 of 4

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season