The AARP Fraud Resource Center can help you spot and avoid common scams. Visit today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

THREE RECENT COINCIDENCES

Message 1 of 1

Three Coincidences

Before my wife and I left for Hawaii this fall, Autumn, my eldest granddaughter, recited her eloquent lay sermon about the sin and redemption of the biblical King Manassas.  The next day, while I was reading Jeffrey Deaver’s crime novel Speaking in Tongues, the narrator revealed that the name of the city where an unrepentant serial killer had started his career was Manassas, Virginia.

Just before the Presidential election, one of the ringleaders at a white supremacist conference said that Jews were soulless Golems [[vicious monsters in Jewish lore]]. The next day, the first book that I saw at the free library in my condo building was The Golem of Hollywood by Jonathan and Jesse Kellerman.

While my wife was driving both of us back to our condo a few days ago, I mentioned that the annual Chabad Hannukah car parade was set for next week. A moment later, I noticed that the car in front of us had a vanity plate that read “Shalom.”

schlomo
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies