Recognized Social Butterfly

STRANGER THAN FRICTION

Stranger than Friction

There is a restaurant in Honolulu indelicately called Itchy Butt.  It’s definitely not on my bucket list. Yesterday, as I was walking towards a bus stop, I noticed two bedraggled men a block away from the unsavory-named restaurant. One of them, while sitting on a bench, slid his hand up the front of his shorts and then, after navigating a couple of fingers to his rear, he vigorously scratched his butt. I quickly turned away from him. Another down-and-out guy later began to walk side by side with me: suddenly he put his hand underneath his back side and started to methodically scratch his butt. It didn’t take me long to bypass him.

I wondered if these two derelicts had just eaten at Itchy Butt and were suffering the consequences. Or perhaps they felt it was required to scratch their butts before they were allowed to enter the restaurant. To me, their antics were an early-warning system to deter anyone from eating at the Itchy Butt, even if the restaurant advertised that its food was 80 scratch-proof.             

schlomo
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Please use care when someone proffers their hand to shake.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Online Community Refresh

Online Community has updated the site design in our discussions area to make it easier to connect, follow a conversation and access resources.

The new look and feel will be rolled out in multiple phases starting with these initial improvements in the conversations and replies levels.

Learn more about the new design today.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png