You could save on auto insurance when you complete the AARP Smart Driver course! Get a free phone charging set with promo code AARP6.

MJ
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

re: Please take this journey with me

Message 1 of 4
In Response to Please take this journey with me:

Devlin Thomas Williams Story

Devlin is Celtic for Man of the Mountain. This is his story and tribute to his life of 29 years. When you read this I hope that you will get to know the person he was.

Devlin’s Birth

February 13, 1978 was the day this wonderful child came into our lives. 

My pregancy was a wonderful and at the same time strange. I, who had never had children, was expecting the usual complications like morning sickness, strange yearnings etc. But from the beginning I was laughing and felt wonderful.

A February dawned, I felt the pains that told me something wonderful was about to happen. I woke my husband and told him we needed to go to the hospital. On the way into the hospital, my husband Tim said he had to stop as he was having pains, to which I replied “ Hey I am the one having a baby.

I tried the natural birth thing for about an hour, but the is asked nay demanded some medication. After the medication took effect, I commented on how pretty the floating pink and blue dots were. Tim asked the nurse what he gets and the nurse said, “I’m sorry but all you get is a deck of playing cards.

In about 7 ½ hours they wheeled me into the delivery room. My baby was not ready. He made them all work 3 minutes overtime.

When they laid him beside me our eyes ment and it was as though he could see into my soul. As I looked into his old I got this feeling as if there was an old soul inside this baby. I was totally deeply lost in love with him.

Most new parents prepare by picking names for their babies. We still hadn’t decided what to name our son. I remember reading this novel and one of the charaters last name was Devlin and I really loved that name. So we named him Devlin for the novel, and Thomas for his great-grandfather. Little did I know what the name ment and how it would fit him to a T.

And so our life as a family began

Please any comments or suggestions would be helpful.

I'm not an experienced writer to critique your writing, but I will tell you that I identified with your feelings about motherhood and what you wrote deeply touched me.  Isn't that what writing is all about?  Most of us write for the love of the written word and we use it to express ourselves and to share with others.  If someone else reads and you touch them with your words, then that's what matters. I liked your touches of humor too.   

As is your case with Devlin, my son was my first born and is now gone.  The first born child is such a miracle to a new mother, and to me it still remains the most awesome experience of my entire life.  It's taken years to get in touch again with the awesome memories of his birth while not letting the grief of his death overwhelm me.  Writing and poetry helped.  (So does a spoonful of peanutbutter dipped into a can of prepared chocolate frosting.)  Keep writing tributes about your son and I wish you peace as you continue on your journey with him in your memories.  Sending hugs and understanding from another mom who shares the journey.

Jeff's Memory Garden

Jeff's Memory Garden

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

re: Please take this journey with me

Message 2 of 4
In Response to Please take this journey with me:

Devlin is Celtic for Man of the Mountain. This is his story and tribute to his life of 29 years. When you read this I hope that you will get to know the person he was.

Devlin’s Birth

My pregancy was a wonderful and at the same time strange. I, who had never had children, was expecting the usual complications like morning sickness, strange yearnings etc. But from the beginning I was laughing and felt wonderful.

A February dawned, I felt the pains that told me something wonderful was about to happen. I woke my husband and told him we needed to go to the hospital. On the way into the hospital, my husband Tim said he had to stop as he was having pains, to which I replied “ Hey I am the one having a baby.

I tried the natural birth thing for about an hour, but the is asked nay demanded some medication. After the medication took effect, I commented on how pretty the floating pink and blue dots were. Tim asked the nurse what he gets and the nurse said, “I’m sorry but all you get is a deck of playing cards.

In about 7 ½ hours they wheeled me into the delivery room. My baby was not ready. He made them all work 3 minutes overtime.

When they laid him beside me our eyes ment and it was as though he could see into my soul. As I looked into his old I got this feeling as if there was an old soul inside this baby. I was totally deeply lost in love with him.

Most new parents prepare by picking names for their babies. We still hadn’t decided what to name our son. I remember reading this novel and one of the charaters last name was Devlin and I really loved that name. So we named him Devlin for the novel, and Thomas for his great-grandfather. Little did I know what the name ment and how it would fit him to a T.

Your doing fine, write from the heart, good start....RaeDi

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Please take this journey with me

Message 3 of 4

Devlin’s Birth

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Please take this journey with me

Message 3 of 4

Devlin’s Birth

Kudos
Views
Replies