Listen to The Perfect Scam Podcast and Nominate It for a People’s Choice Podcast Award! Find Out More

Info Seeker

Re: Keeping track of books read

Message 1 of 74

You have a great system for keeping track of your books in Excel although I could never keep a separate spreadsheet per author. It would be much easier to put all my books on the same spreadsheet and then use the Data - Sort function to list them alphabetically by the author or book title or chronologically by the date of publication whenever I choose. This would give a lot more flexibility and save memory space on my computer.

Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 2 of 74

I like the idea of keeping a record of books I've read. I sometimes want to recommend a book to someone in my family and I have difficulty recalling the title. I was interested in finding out about Goodreads. I will look into that.

Info Seeker

Message 3 of 74

My mother kept tracks of the books that I brought back from the library - and especially the Readers Digest books, she loved them, and the library used to send her books then when that stopped I would go to find her some more.  She usually got the same books over and over, but she loved to read them.

Info Seeker

Message 4 of 74

I have been writing down the titles and month/yr read for 21 years now. I put a star next to it if I loved the book. I know electronically recording is the way to go but I like writing it down. I have a top 30. I look forward to the day I don't work 40 plus hours a week.

Info Seeker

Message 5 of 74

I keep track of books I'm reading, or will read on my Kindle EReader...I think its a great way to read 

without having the clutter of hardback books on shelfs accumalating space.

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 6 of 74

LOL, is that comment aimed at me??  I don't believe I told anyone that they were wasting time.  I said that I don't have time for recording each and every book I read with so many other things to do in a day. This is the first time I've taken the time to look at the AARP forums, it was out of curiosity, I am not someone who usually does that.  I don't participate in any social media as a rule.  And as far as AARP goes....I find that there are very few benefits to being a member.

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 74

@nyadrnThanks for your comment on Goodreads. I had no idea they were a part of Amazon. I will check this out as soon as I get caught up on some other things.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 74

For those of you who recommended Goodreads.com  thank you..   it is a part of Amazon and looks pretty good.. going to give that a try.

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 74

@j551112f   

Well I find it interesting that people take the time to tell other people how they are wasting theirs...  kind of the same thing wouldn't you say  : )

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Info Seeker

Message 10 of 74
Loved The Book Thief