Boycotts, Movements and Marches: Relive Some of the Events That Led To Change During the Civil Rights Movement. Read More

Info Seeker

Re: Keeping track of books read

Message 1 of 73

I like the idea of keeping a record of books I've read. I sometimes want to recommend a book to someone in my family and I have difficulty recalling the title. I was interested in finding out about Goodreads. I will look into that.

Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 2 of 73

My mother kept tracks of the books that I brought back from the library - and especially the Readers Digest books, she loved them, and the library used to send her books then when that stopped I would go to find her some more.  She usually got the same books over and over, but she loved to read them.

Info Seeker

Message 3 of 73

I have been writing down the titles and month/yr read for 21 years now. I put a star next to it if I loved the book. I know electronically recording is the way to go but I like writing it down. I have a top 30. I look forward to the day I don't work 40 plus hours a week.

Info Seeker

Message 4 of 73

I keep track of books I'm reading, or will read on my Kindle EReader...I think its a great way to read 

without having the clutter of hardback books on shelfs accumalating space.

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 5 of 73

LOL, is that comment aimed at me??  I don't believe I told anyone that they were wasting time.  I said that I don't have time for recording each and every book I read with so many other things to do in a day. This is the first time I've taken the time to look at the AARP forums, it was out of curiosity, I am not someone who usually does that.  I don't participate in any social media as a rule.  And as far as AARP goes....I find that there are very few benefits to being a member.

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 73

@nyadrnThanks for your comment on Goodreads. I had no idea they were a part of Amazon. I will check this out as soon as I get caught up on some other things.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 73

For those of you who recommended Goodreads.com  thank you..   it is a part of Amazon and looks pretty good.. going to give that a try.

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 73

@j551112f   

Well I find it interesting that people take the time to tell other people how they are wasting theirs...  kind of the same thing wouldn't you say  : )

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Info Seeker

Message 9 of 73
Loved The Book Thief
Info Seeker

Message 10 of 73

Goodreads.com stores the books you've read, currently reading,.and books you want to read. At the end of the year you get a list of books you've read,.how many pages, etc. There is also a reading challenge per year