Recognized Social Butterfly

KINDNESS IS NOT AMISS

Kindness is not Amiss

Depleted of books to read while I pedal on the stationary bike at the fitness center, I walked to the nearby public library yesterday (during regular Saturday hours) for a fill up. Either because of upcoming Veteran’s Day or a current extravagant festival in downtown Waikiki, the library was closed when I got there.

Undeterred, I decided to walk to my former condo building to borrow a few books from its fairly well-stacked library. After corralling a couple of paperbacks, I began to walk back to my condo. On the way, a no-nonsense looking middle-aged lady going in the other direction confronted me. Because I was carrying some books, she somehow thought that I might be going to the library; for she emphatically said (with a pronounced frown) that the library was closed. I told her that I had found that out on my own a while ago, but I still appreciated her concern. I could tell from her now relaxed facial expression that she was relieved that she had stopped to unburden herself in enlightening me.

I am amazed at how many times I have experienced the kindness of strangers within a mile of my condo.  At times, I reciprocate intermittently. I’d like to be more consistently helpful to others whom I meet on the walkways of Waikiki.

schlomo
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Ask the Expert: Juggling Caregiving Amidst Coronavirus this Holiday Season

Join AARP's Family and Caregiving Expert Amy Goyer to uncover the best ways to navigate the holiday season with your loved ones. Ask and Learn Now.

AARP Members Only Games

Was Breakout your favorite Atari game? Ready to knock out some bricks? AARP Members, now's your chance.

Don't let the ball hit the ground!
AARP Members Only Games Atari Breakout
Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits.

Learn more now.
/html/assets/SS-Marketing-Image-300x155.jpg