Learn how to use Uber, Lyft and other ride-sharing services!  Register now for a free AARP webinar Nov. 18.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: INSPIRED BY ALOHA

Message 1 of 2
Enjoyed this so much. That Aloha spirit is needed by all, so glad it helped you.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

INSPIRED BY ALOHA

Message 2 of 2

Inspired by Aloha

While I was offering discounted symphony tickets at a local fairground booth, a jaunty middle-aged Hawaiian man wearing a vivid black and white geometrically decorated Aloha shirt approached me. I complimented him on his stunning shirt. Instead of merely saying thank you, the man proudly stated that he has held on to multitudes of multicolored Aloha shirts that he has worn since grade school. He added that all of them were remarkably still in pristine condition. Then, he poignantly revealed to me that he intended to bequeath his collection of shirts to his grandchildren, an inheritance to remind them of the spirit of Aloha that he himself so ebulliently embodied.

The man didn’t purchase any tickets; he simply wanted to share his joy with me. It worked: up to then, I was getting a little droopy from the heat. After he left, I became super energized; I enthusiastically urged anyone strolling by (from plugged-in teenagers to tottering old-timers) to consider purchasing deeply discounted tickets to the last magnificent HSO concert of the season. I attracted more people than usual who promised during the week to think about attending the June 1 or June 2 concert finale.

The Hawaiian man vowed to offer his resplendent Aloha shirts as a legacy to his grandchildren. My life-long devotion to classical music is a legacy that I’d like to pass on to my grandchildren in the resounding spirit of Aloha.

schlomo
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season