Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: How do you read? Library books, Kindle, purchase books?

Message 1 of 98

I like the feel of the book and the turn of the page so I regularly order my books for a quick pickup at the library.  Unless of course a friend has just finished a good one and loans it to me!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 98

I love my library

My favorite is authors are

Robert B Parker

James Patterson

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 98

Library books

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 98

I cannot read books online. Part of that is because I do most of my reading while soaking in the tub, and phones and water don't mix well. I prefer ink on paper.

I rarely pay the cover price for a book. I've bought some at authors' signings, some (nonfiction) online, but most books I buy are from a used-book store. I've also found some books in the various waiting rooms at VA hospitals I've visited. When I am done with a book (that I don't want to hang on to, to eventually re-read) I leave it behind at the VA hospital, like a magpie would.

When I move to a new area, one of the first things I do is get a library card. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 98

I use the Libby App and download library books, periodicals, magazines, etc free from my library.  Can get audiobooks as well.  The App requires a current library card to set up and begin reading.  

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 98

I like the feel of a book in my hand.  I borrow books from the local library where I also volunteer in the used book store.  I especially enjoy re-reading books of my own that I've had since my high school days, most being poetry books.  Then there's my collect of James Bond and also the Saint books, plus ancient Reader's Disgest condensed hard cover books that belonged to my parents andwhich most younger people don't even know existed.  Even though I'm at my computer for several hours most days writing articles for an online magazine (so others can read my words on the screen rather than on paper), my preference is still the hold-in-my-hands book.  

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 98

I read ebooks from the library on my tablet using the Kindle app.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 98

Buy usually used from Amazon 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 98

I generally get my books from the library; however, if it is not available or will be a long time before the book becomes available, I will purchase a used copy online.  The exception is when there is a new book out that I can't wait to read which may force me to purchase a new hardcopy edition.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 98

I read books on kindle, purchase, and check out at library. 
When possible, I check out eBooks from the library and read with kindle. It makes traveling with many, many books a possibility. 
My goal, upon retirement, was to reduce book purchases by 80%. Thanks to the local library, that has been accomplished. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

This AARP gamer plays to get back her art and identity after a health scare. Read Regan C.’s story, available now.

gamer Regan C.