Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 1 of 100

All three. I use my kindle when traveling, at home I use the library, if I can't wait for the book to be available in the library, I will purchase it. I'm currently reading "Overstory" by Richard Powers. It was a Christmas gift. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 100

I mostly get my 'actual read' books from the library, unless someone lends me their copy.  However, I also download audiobooks from my library, which are wonderful while driving, and help the time go faster while I am doing chores around the house.  My son laughs at my old-fashioned Walkman, but it plugs into my car's AUX port so I can listen to books on my car speakers, and I have a streamer that sends the books directly from the Walkman to my hearing aids without the need for headphones.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 100

I like the feel of the book and the turn of the page so I regularly order my books for a quick pickup at the library.  Unless of course a friend has just finished a good one and loans it to me!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 100

I love my library

My favorite is authors are

Robert B Parker

James Patterson

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 100

Library books

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 100

I cannot read books online. Part of that is because I do most of my reading while soaking in the tub, and phones and water don't mix well. I prefer ink on paper.

I rarely pay the cover price for a book. I've bought some at authors' signings, some (nonfiction) online, but most books I buy are from a used-book store. I've also found some books in the various waiting rooms at VA hospitals I've visited. When I am done with a book (that I don't want to hang on to, to eventually re-read) I leave it behind at the VA hospital, like a magpie would.

When I move to a new area, one of the first things I do is get a library card. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 100

I use the Libby App and download library books, periodicals, magazines, etc free from my library.  Can get audiobooks as well.  The App requires a current library card to set up and begin reading.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 100

I like the feel of a book in my hand.  I borrow books from the local library where I also volunteer in the used book store.  I especially enjoy re-reading books of my own that I've had since my high school days, most being poetry books.  Then there's my collect of James Bond and also the Saint books, plus ancient Reader's Disgest condensed hard cover books that belonged to my parents andwhich most younger people don't even know existed.  Even though I'm at my computer for several hours most days writing articles for an online magazine (so others can read my words on the screen rather than on paper), my preference is still the hold-in-my-hands book.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 100

I read ebooks from the library on my tablet using the Kindle app.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 100

Buy usually used from Amazon 

Kudos
Views