How do you read? Library books, Kindle, purchase books?

Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: How do you read? Library books, Kindle, purchase books?

Message 71 of 100

We have LFL's or little free library's all over around here.  It's a good place to donate or pick up a new one.  They are usually outside a business and anyone can use them.  But giving to your sister is cool too!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 100

I know what you mean about the Kindle being small.  But you can adjust the font - maybe that will help.  Also check into the library near you to see if you can browse their inventory and download the books without visiting the actual libray.  Good luck!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 100

I do prefer digital or Kindle books but I most of the time use the library for digital downloads.  When the book is only available as a real book I place a hold on it and do it the old way.  But I do only have one book going at a time.  I don't finish books that I just can't get into.  Most I read are from authors that I trust and so I do finish them.  But I always have one going.  Thanks for this interesting topic - now time to get back to it!

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 100

I have a habit of reading 3 books at a time.  I'll start one, then get interested in reading the second one and jump way ahead and then forget where I put it, then jump back to the first book, and then at night start on the 3 rd book.

I love reading off my iPad, where I can read books free and not worry about returning it.  Also, can get books from the library for free also.

If my brother purchases books, he lends them to me, and then he takes it back to the book store, gets freebies, which are more books.  It works out great.

Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 100

I usually have at least one audiobook, one Kindle and one dead tree edition going at one time, all borrowed from the public library.  Who needs the expense and clutter once you've read them.  I do use an online reading site (Goodreads) to keep track of what I've read.  Works great!

Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 76 of 100

How do you change to white text and black background on the Kindle Paperwhite? I love to read in bed but hate to bother my hubby. 

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 100

Hi @2beingme !

I, too, believe the light impacts sleep, but found with my kindle, I set a "non-active" timeout that shuts it down, which I can't do with the bedroom light when reading hard-cover books Smiley Wink so I think my rem sleep is a little better as I don't have to shut that light off; kindle shuts off for me Smiley Wink

#VegasStrong

#NeverTrump

Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 78 of 100

Hi, @mimi0000 !

I use my kindle to read our local library ebooks or listen to their audiobooks.

If your library doesn't offer, you might direct them to my librarys' esouce page to investigate how to better serve their patrons: https://lvccld.org/online-resources/

hth

#VegasStrong

#NeverTrump

Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 79 of 100

You do realize you can change the size of the text to a bigger font don't you? This is one of the biggest reason I use the Kindle. You can also check out Kindle reads from the library simply by going on line with your library and "checking out" any ebook from any library in your state. Never have to leave your home.

Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 80 of 100

My eyes tire too easily when I read for any length of time so for years I have been using Audible books. I go through three or four books a month most of the time and have a library of several hundred books if I had bought the actual books I wwould never have been able to collect them. With the Audible books I can keep them online or on my hard drive and reread them whenever I want to.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors