How do you read? Library books, Kindle, purchase books?

Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: How do you read? Library books, Kindle, purchase books?

Message 81 of 100

There are plenty of used book sales in my area where books can be had for pennies on the dollar and the proceeds go to a good cause.  After I read them, I donate them back to the charity to sell again.  That way, I don't accumulate a lot of books that never get touched again.  I don't really care for digital books.  I like something I can hold on to.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 82 of 100

I read around 4 novels per week, all library books, preferrably large print.

We have started to give old books we used to hoard to the little pop up neighborhood book sharing thingies.

I am so used to the big screen desktop computers it just does not feel natural to read much on a tablet or phone.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 83 of 100

I was taught 'speed reading' in grade school way back in the mists of time and can read through 3-4 books per week.  No way can I afford to buy that many so the library feeds my addiction and keeps me in books.  I have bought some books (yes, I do have shelves full)  but mostly I just order them from the library.  My library system keeps me amused by printing how much I saved by checking them out instead of buying and I usually save between $100-$200 per week.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 84 of 100

I fully enjoy holding a hard-bond book in my hands as I read.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 85 of 100

I purchase books.  I'm a book collector.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 86 of 100

I changed my kindle to white text and black background. Easier to read at night and doesn't bother my hubby either. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 87 of 100
Please excuse some spelling and grammar errors sometimes my mind goes faster than my typing...
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 88 of 100
I too am an avid reader mostly Fictional or to do with my Irish ancestry...I like hard cover/soft cover books that I sometimes by at a discount book company. Sometimes I pick up freebies that are offered at a restaurant that we visit..My sister also drops off books that she had read and I read them them give them back to her to pass on..I also love audio books especially when retiring for the day..I like historical fiction so there are many authors out there...I like information books too and collect them along with cookbooks..My interests run the gamut..I enjoy reading as one of many hobbies...
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 89 of 100

I'm like Mispati3.  I have my Kindle that I read most of the time with books from my Kindle Unlimited acct.  I like my kindle because I can carry it in my purse to read whenever I want (like my lunchhour) and I can increase the font for easier reading.

However, I don't like to read my Kindle late at night because I'm one of those who truly believes that the LED light from electronic devices delays your body's internal clock (a.k.a., your circadian rhythm) and suppresses the release of the melatonin, and makes it more difficult to fall asleep.  I love reading before going to sleep though so I still borrow library books (large type for easier reading) to read late at night.  Yes, that means I am typically reading more than one book at a time.  What can I say?  I love reading!!!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 90 of 100

I am addicted to Audible - I love listening to the inflections and how they interpret the readings.  I do also read books and paperbacks!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Learn how to improve your problem-solving skills and enter the Love Your Brain sweepstakes from AARP Staying Sharp!