Do vitamins and supplements really work? Get your questions answered by leading brain health experts.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Horror Comic Books, 1949-1954

Message 1 of 3

As a child, I lived in a Bleep-hole apartment building in Chicago, but, in the summer, I vacationed in Lac Du Flambeau, WI. My father owned the only developed property on Moss Lake. In Chicago, I never noticed any horror comics for sale, but, in the stores of Lac Du Flambeau, they were plentiful and my father would buy them for me. I had a big stack of them in our cabin. My collection included most EC Comics which are worth a fortune today. One summer, I noticed that my stack was shrinking so I asked my father what happened to them. He said that he used them as kindling to start fires in the wood burning stove. Ironically, he collected stamps that are relatively worthless today.

Today, I am obsessed with identifying one comic book that I read around 1953. I don't remember the title. The front cover had a tree with a belt around it. Inside was a story about meteor contaminated soil that caused people who stepped onto it to turn into trees. The images were unusually colorful and gruesome. Remarkably, nobody but me seems to remember this comic book. I want to prove to myself that the Mandella effect is beneath me. It is on my bucket list.

Old Witch
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Horror Comic Books, 1949-1954

Message 2 of 3

@aruzinskywrote:

Elsewhere, people are reminiscing about old TV shows.  Am I the only one here who read these comic books?  It may interest you to know that digital copies are available at:

http://digitalcomicmuseum.com/index.php

I was never really into comic books but it is a good topic and should be interesting to see if anyone else here reads them. 

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Horror Comic Books, 1949-1954

Message 3 of 3

Elsewhere, people are reminiscing about old TV shows.  Am I the only one here who read these comic books?  It may interest you to know that digital copies are available at:

http://digitalcomicmuseum.com/index.php

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors