Rethink your job search with the AARP job board. Find opportunities for experienced workers today.

Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

“He is not broken people-If I could see God!” Written By: Dorcas C. Chandler Part 2

Message 1 of 1

Part 2…

I notice that this time when I saw the man that needed help in the wheelchair there was no gentle breeze. Hey, I thought within myself, no breeze. Everyone that I have seen tonight, I felt a gentle breeze. But this time is the first time that I did not feel a gentle breeze at all. Maybe I am getting closer to where God is. As I stopped and looked up into the sky, I said out loud, “Hey God it is me! I have walked half of the night looking for you. You could not be found. Tell me what I must do and where you are at.” I waited and yet no answer from God so I just stood still for a moment. Then I continued my quest, “Hello, God it is me, you know the one who loves you most. Where are you? I need you!” Then I felt a gentle but yet still breeze. It was as though the wind was blowing with this breeze but yet the wind was standing still. What is this I am feeling, I thought within myself?

As the breeze became stronger and stronger, the winds begin to blow very hard. It was like I could not see. My vision begin to leave me, I begin to panic gasping for my breath. “Oh no God, am I becoming blind? This can’t be happening. I have searched and I want to see you! Wait a minute what is going on I cannot see. Is my vision going, has my vision left me?” I cried out in anguish, “God please, please help me. I cannot see.” I covered my face and begin to wipe both eyes with my shaking hands trying to clear my eyes so I could see, but still I could not see. I begin to cry out louder and louder. “Oh, God please come to my rescue. Please… God I can’t see. I need you! Help me Lord, please!”

As the breezes begin to become gentle and calm, I heard God speak to me out of the wind. “Where were you when I needed your help?” I was in dismayed, “God... when did you need help from me. I have been looking for you God. Where were you, did I pass you by and did not notice you?” God replied to me in a small yet gentle voice, “When you saw people in need and you walked away from them, looking for me you missed me. For it is I whose face you were looking in when the man was digging in the trash, and oh yes, you passed right by me when I didn’t look like you, for I was dirty and marred and did not look as you thought I should look. I carried you with a gentle breeze and sat you down among the broken in spirit and you did not even offer me a word of encouragement. My tears did not move you to compassion to even express kindness, yet you are the one who serve me daily. And when you saw me staggering down the street, I ask you for a dime for something to eat. You could not give of the gift that I gave to you for you took it that I was drunk and yet I was weak and in need of a piece of bread. You saw me, but did not want to have anything to do with me. Oh yes and by the way, when I was at the stoplight needing help with my wheelchair, you were so busy looking for me, you refused to help me for I was that someone with the disability.

You have cried out to me and I have come swiftly to your rescue. I will never refuse my children and the cry of the needy. But when I cry, and need the hands that I have created to work for me and help me, multitudes of people pass me by, because they are like you, they do not recognize me. Always remember when you look into the faces of humanity, you are looking at me and need not look any further. You have found me and the one whom your soul loveth; yes, it is me, that still small voice blowing as a gentle breeze. When you were looking and searching for me, I was there all of the time, looking for you to help me.”

DORCAS C CHANDLER
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies