When it comes to your workout, there's a good reason not to go it alone. Check out the benefits of exercise buddies.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

re: Getting to know you

Message 1 of 4
In Response to Getting to know you:

I've been threatening to write my memoir for a few years.  My parents have both passed on & in April of this year my brother passed from complications due to a rare type of leukemia.  Yes, I have 1st cousins, but I'm the last one in my line to hold the memories.  It seems to me that this memoir "thing" is not linear but flows like an ox-bow river.  I'm looking forward--& I guess back-- to sharing.  I'm going to be creating a hard copy as well.  There's so much that I wish my parents & past generations had writen or passed orally.  Perhaps someone in the future will be interested in  my scribblings.  Seasons blessings to everyone.

Sara

Sara;

You're doing the right thing by writing your memoir's down. Too often people pass on the chance to say what thier own life was like so that others may read, compare, and admire.

I've thought of doing this for some tme myself but never had the chance (or prodding) to do so.

Good luck in your quest!

John

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
MJ
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

re: Getting to know you

Message 2 of 4
In Response to Getting to know you:

I've been threatening to write my memoir for a few years.  My parents have both passed on & in April of this year my brother passed from complications due to a rare type of leukemia.  Yes, I have 1st cousins, but I'm the last one in my line to hold the memories.  It seems to me that this memoir "thing" is not linear but flows like an ox-bow river.  I'm looking forward--& I guess back-- to sharing.  I'm going to be creating a hard copy as well.  There's so much that I wish my parents & past generations had writen or passed orally.  Perhaps someone in the future will be interested in  my scribblings.  Seasons blessings to everyone.

Sara

Hi Sara!  I'm with you.  I wish to preserve memories of my youth, and more importantly memories of those family and friends who passed on before me so that my daughter will be able to pass them on as well.  Welcome to the group.  www.aarp.org/community/editor/fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/msn/thumbs_up.gif" />  We'll enjoy reading and sharing!

Joan (aka MJ)

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Getting to know you

Message 3 of 4

Sara

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Getting to know you

Message 3 of 4

Sara

Kudos
Views
Replies