Get the information you need to help care for your eyes at the AARP Eye Center. Visit it today!

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

FASHION DISPLAYS AT THE GYM

Message 1 of 1

Fashion displays yesterday at the fitness center: One young lady had both arms totally tattooed with black and white swirling geometric shapes: her leggings had the same color combination and the same design. A tattoo-free young lady had only one side of her black background leggings decorated with brash crisscrossed orange and blue squares. A young man with a buzz cut sported an enormously thick black beard with a sliver of a handlebar mustache. An older man wore nondescript shoes except for one feature: they had bulky spring-attached heels.

Out with the new; in with the old: I have an old satchel that I take with me to the gym. It is a bit discolored, it has a broken zipper, and some of the lining is frayed. Nonetheless, it is very useful. It houses a large pair of glasses, a good-sized book, my bulging keys, my ratty gym gloves and head band, some change, my trusty flip-top cell phone, and a small lock. I am sentimentally attached to my satchel, and until it completely falls apart, I will keep it.  Recently at the gym, I saw a man carrying a satchel much more beat up than mine is. It had bunches of crudely shredded threads from top to bottom, and a flap of material loosely covered up multiple rips.  The man tenderly held on to his dilapidated satchel. I immediately identified with him.

Characters Welcome

Contrasting Profiles: The other day at the gym, I saw one of the regulars: a boisterous, ruddy-faced, rough-hewn man who, while enveloped in swirls of perspiration, enjoyed lifting a ton of weights. Normally, he didn’t cover up his completely soaked convoluted bald head. But this time, he was wearing a curly black knit cap with a widespread cut-out that exposed the big knot on the top of his head. Nearby, a lean, bearded, dark-skinned man imperiously stood next to an ab machine. He had a thin white towel clinging to his head and trailing half way to his waist. He looked like a sheik a la Omar Shariff.

schlomo
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies