You could save on auto insurance when you complete the AARP Smart Driver course! Get a free phone charging set with promo code AARP6.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Do you read books on a Kindle or other tablet?

Message 51 of 76

Hi, I am a 68 year old female. I read books on a Kindle Fire. After purchasing the Fire I also purchased a case that stands it up like an easel, this is perfect for hands that have trouble griping a book for long periods of time. I just bought my Kindle Christmas of 2015 and I just love it.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 76

Sharon,

My name is James  Burns (Jim) and I use my tablet for reading on both nook and kindle.  I also use it for checking my credit card, bank, Facebook, email and many other things including but not limited to Amazon and Netflix.

I have a Samsung 8" tablet and it is a good device.  I am 70 years old and retired.  Hope this helps.

Jim Burns

Phoenix, **bleep**

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 76

Hi.  I am 68 years old and read almost all my books on a kindle.  I travel a bit and I love that I can never run out of reading material.  I read both fiction and nonfiction, especially about genealogy.  And I can carry several versions of a Bible for study.  I am a retired management woman living in the Midwest.  I have a husband, grown children and 7 grandchildren. 

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 76

I have 2 kindles, an amazon fire and a real pad. I use my kindles more than the other two. I like the convience of instant down loading and the smaller size of the kindles. I also have the first generation kindle, but it does not get used often. The newer kindle whitepaper is my reader of choice.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 76

I began reading eBooks on the first generation Kindle not sure that I would enjoy the experience of not physically holding a book and turning pages.  Many years and 2 upgrades later, I am reading on the latest Kindle Voyage and haven't looked back!  If someone offers me a 'real' book, I politely say 'thank you' and download the title.  In a past role, I traveled extensively; the Kindle was one of the items that was always in my carry-on.  I've downloaded new books while the plane door was closing to ensure there were options for my flight.  With it's backlight adjusting to ambient lighting, I am able to read on the beaches of Thailand or in a dark room.  After donating many of my books, my (e)library is now always available for a quick download.

Maura
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 76
I use both, but I prefer my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 nook.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 76
@Sparkel18, I'm curious what app you are using to input your recipes. Has it been easy to use, organize and it the final result searchable? Thank you?
Maura
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 76

Yes. I read books on any portable device I have available - iPad, iPhone, Kindle. I use the Kindle except  very little. But, I read every single day on my iPad or iPhone. I very seldom buy a hardcover book any more.

If you need any more information, contact me at scwhite9@bellsouth.net.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 76

Still carry around books...........

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 76
These days I read most of my books on my Barnes&Noble Nook. I recently upgrade the hardware so now I have a "tablet" which I do a few online things on. Hope you are sill looking for replies. I just learned how to do posts on AARP
Lindy Witz
Kudos
Views