With an AARP membership, there’s always more to discover! Check out your member benefits.

Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Do you read books on a Kindle or other tablet?

Message 71 of 76

I still prefer a printed book but it is very nice to be able connect to my public library on the ipad and download something quickly.

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 76

I no longer purchase hard-bound books that I want to keep 'forever'.  Instead, I purchase ebooks on my iPad.  Their so handy there for when I go to the doctor or have other 'time to kill'.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 76
I use my smartphone for everything. Why pay for all those Internet's when u can have it all on one?
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 76
I've had an ipad for a year and find it indespensible. Most of the reading I do is through the tablet, both through the iPad app for books and through the Kindle app. Also I use various apps for recipes and put my ipad on a stand on my kitchen counter while I'm cooking. There is one app I use that allows me to put in my favorite recipes and slowly I'm converting all of my collection of recipes to the ipad. I use it for email, for getting the weather, for finding directions and for playing games. In a lot of ways I prefer it to my desktop computer. It is always somewhere near me and handy to carry on trips.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Do you read books on a Kindle or other tablet?

Message 75 of 76
Hi, my  name is Sharon Kunz and I'm writing an article for a magazine with national distribution about different ways people are using tablet computers. I want to include people of all different ages, but so far only young people are emailing me! If you enjoy reading books (or doing anything else) with a tablet computer, I would love to hear from you. I will then give you more information about the article and I can send you a sample of a piece I did recently for the same publication. Thank you for your time and consideration! 
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Do you read books on a Kindle or other tablet?

Message 75 of 76
Hi, my  name is Sharon Kunz and I'm writing an article for a magazine with national distribution about different ways people are using tablet computers. I want to include people of all different ages, but so far only young people are emailing me! If you enjoy reading books (or doing anything else) with a tablet computer, I would love to hear from you. I will then give you more information about the article and I can send you a sample of a piece I did recently for the same publication. Thank you for your time and consideration! 
Kudos
Views
Replies