Getting ready to enroll in Medicare? AARP’s Medicare Made Easy has the resources you need to help you make the right choices.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Do you read books on a Kindle or other tablet?

Message 21 of 76

I've had 3 Kindles over the last 8 years and have loved them all. We retired 3 years ago and travel most of the year in our motor home.  My Kindle Fire is ideal for this lifestyle!  I generally have 3-4 books I'm reading at anyone time.  Love knowing I have a full library on hand and no storage issues; plus I can download at anytime or check out my email.  I still love a good hardback in my hands, but for now, I am  very pleased with my Kindle Fire.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 76
I use both
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 76

I certainly do! I bought a Kindle 2 and wore it out, now have a newer one. Although I have the Kindle app on my iPad (which I'm using right now!) I prefer the size and weight of the Kindle for longer periods of reading. I buy some books, also enjoy some of the free ones. Our church has a great app (LDS) with all our scriptures, lessons, conference addresses, etc., so my iPad goes to church every Sunday. 

I LOVE my iPad! I bought it three years ago with my first Social Security check Smiley Happy. I find I use my desktop computer rarely now. The iPad is so convenient and useable. I check email, play a few games, and use it for Internet searches. I have a lot of apps, a couple with recipes, and then the iPad travels to the kitchen. I use maps a lot too. Just yesterday I was using it to plan a trip. Often my husband and have a question, and then I just go on Safari and find the answer.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 76

BEST THING SINCE RHUBARB-STRAWBERRY PIE!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 76
I'm 74 and I also read a lot using my Kindle Fire. I also read regular books. My only complaint with the Kindle is that I have to charge it every day. When I want to sit down and read, its empty. A regular book is always there when I want it. I also like BookBub where I can take advantage of the free books. I 'm on Soc. Sec. and don't have the funds to purchase as many books as I would like.
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 76
I love my Kindle. It's funny because I got mad at my son when he "wasted" his money on it because I "LOVE" books! i still read books. Kindle during the day...books at night when I am preparing for sleep.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 76
Font size is easily adjusted on the Nook (all versions) as well which we cannot do with real books. I sometimes still buy paperbacks. What I like about the ebook explosions a lot of the books that I have been looking for (but are no longer published) are now in ebook format.
Lindy Witz
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 76
I have a Kindel and a Nook. I rarely get paper books any more. Only books for the book club I belong to. I never knew what to do with the books when I finished them. This eliminates the problem.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 76

I love computers!  I have an ipad, samsung Tab, 2 Kindles, a Nook and 2 laptops.  I mostly read books on my Kindle - lightweight and can read in the dark as well as the bright sun.  When travelling, I read on my ipad.  I still have alot of books on my Nook and go back and re-read some of those, but made the decision to switch to buying only on the Kindle. I started with the original Kindle and progressed thru the years to the current one.  Love them - but I won't give up my ipad!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 76
I'm 85 years old anD read books on my IPad
Kudos
Views