From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Do you read books on a Kindle or other tablet?

Message 31 of 76
I started e books when Kindle first came out and when that one's battery died after a few years I got another one. I do read probably 4 books a week and having a Kindle makes it easier to switch from one to another
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 76
I read books every day on my IPAD. I really like it. Before I got the IPAD I had a nook. I also read my email and look at Facebook on my IPAD. I haven't read a real book in a long time.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 76
Yes.I use the kindle and the iPad. When I'm out of town or at home,waiting for the snow to stop, I have access to books 24/7.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 76

HI,

Yes.

I read books all multiple ways -- My first choice is a traditional "paper" book because I like to flip ahead and back through the pages looking for specific events or people. This is MUCH easier to do with paper books even with the "search" feature on an e-book. I find it easier to actually see the print on paper, as well. No glare, nice conrtast.

I use e-readers because they are portable and I can access tens of thousands of e-books easily from my public library. I use a  Kindle e-reader most often because there is no glare and the text is easy to read and resize if needed.At night I have a "Kindle Kandle" clip-on light that I occasionally use, but it does has only a minimal light distribution on the page. My daughter has a newer Kindle, and she says hers had better low-light functionality. My first-generation one still works, so I have not explored purchasing a new one.

I also have an Android-platform tablet with e-book apps. It is wonderful in low light and  for most indoor reading, but absolutely worthless in any kind of daylight or brightly lighted areas such as parks, playgrounds, beach, offices, businesses, and so forth. There is just too much glare to make it functional.

I also have a Windows laptop with a touch screen and "tablet " mode (fold-over) with e-book apps. I use this for e-books if I am traveling since the size of the laptop does not make it easy to carry in a purse or bag if I am looking for a portable device to take when I anticipate that I will have time to wait for an event or an appointment. Even when traveling, I take my other e-readers for most on-the-go reading occasions. I use the tables for easy internet access while away from home.

Hope this helps.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 76

Yes, I have a Kindle Fire 8.9 HD and I get my magazines as it's a bit less expensive and I enjoy it. I also read books on it as well. Also good for video streaming as well.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 76

I use a Kindle Paperwhite.

Due to some eyesight problems, when I read type on paper, I see multiple images which overlay each other.

Reading with a backlit screen removes all of the multiples and allow me to read. I can also adjust the font size to help.

Having been a printer for 40 years, I sometimes feel like a turncoat, but there it is.

I am 75 years old. Read my Kindle the last thing before sleep.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 76

I started using a Kindle Keyboard several years ago and discovered the joys of e-reading.  My Kindle Keyboard started to fade and I bought a Kindle Paperwhite.  I borrow books from Amazon and also buy some.  I used to download from the local library and then got out of the habit.  I just reactivated my library code and have started renting e-books that are current best sellers. The e-reader is my primary reader, but I do have access on my phone to the Bible and a couple of commentaries that I use at church if I don't want to take the Kindle, although flipping through a conventional Bible I find to be faster.  I have some conventional books, but they are usually only "coffee table-type" books or some devotionals or others for study that one writes in or journals.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 76

The font size is easily adjusted on a Kindle.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 76
I'm 62 years old. I do most of my reading on my Kindle Paperwhite. If I'm out and don't have my Kindle I pick up reading with the Kindle app on my smart phone. I use my laptop at home for more complex work.
I like the idea of a tablet but not the expense when my Kindle, phone, & laptop fulfill most functions that I require.
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 76
I've had an iPAD for a few years now. I read books through the Kindle, Nook and iBooks apps. I also use Overdrive to checkout books from my local and regional libraries.
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season