Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Do you read books on a Kindle or other tablet?

Message 41 of 76
Physical books take up space. I have been using ereaders, computers and the Amazon/Kindle Fires (I own 2) for some time now. I don't have room for more physical books and I dislike giving them away. This is true of all media, including tapes and DVDS.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 76

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 76
I use my Galaxy S4 tablet for most everything. I check my email, send email, read the news, watch clips on U-Tube, play solitaire, and read Kindle books. It is getting hard for me to turn pages in my Bible so I have several apps for this. I like to listen to the voice while reading the words. I can highlight, make notes, etc.
Although I have a Galaxy S7 phone, I use my tablet the most. I love the technology explosion we are experiencing. I am 77 years young and my handle is digitalgranpa.
Tom Higgins
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 76
I use my Galaxy S4 tablet for most everything. I check my email, send email, read the news, watch clips on U-Tube, play solitaire, and read Kindle books. It is getting hard for me to turn pages in my Bible so I have several apps for this. I like to listen to the voice while reading the words. I can highlight, make notes, etc.
Although I have a Galaxy S7 phone, Iuse my tablet the most. I love the technology explosion we are experiencing. I am 77 years young and my handle is digitalgranpa.
Tom Higgins
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 76

I'm on my second tablet and I love using it to download books from my library.  I haven't bought a paper book in years.  I can read at night in bed without having a light on and just close the iPad to go to sleep. Clock is handy on the iPad while I am reading.  

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 76

I've had a Kindle for several years now.  Actually, I'm on my 3rd Kindle, the large HD Fire one.  My first one was a Christmas gift from my Nephew.  I have told him many times over that it's the best gift I've ever gotten.  I have paid for very little of the content accessed on my Kindle, because I can access thousands of titles for free through my local public library.  It is simple and quick to do so, and you can have 6 titles out at a time.  When the rental period is up, the item simply expires and -- usually -- totally disappears from your device, while remaining in your Amazon account, should you wish to, later, purchase it.  I've always been a voracious reader -- including the cereal box at breakfast -- but am reading more now than ever.  I still love the feel of a book or newspaper in my hands -- and still read hardcopies of both -- but my Kindle has opened up the entire World of content to me, for which I am extremely grateful.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 76

My wife uses both the Kindle HD reader and her iPad2. If she's out some where she will use her Kindle most of the time just because it's small and and takes up less space in her purse. At how she may split the reading between the two. The iPad allows for easier reading because of the font size.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 76
Kindle Fire
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 76

Hi Sharon, I have used a Nook since they came out on the market.  My latest is a Samsung 10.1 inch tablet.  It is the single most important item I own.  Since an accident a while past I have to use a wheelchair.  Books, magazines, newspapers and Skype have been brought to me through my tablet.  I think the invention of the E-reader, in whatever configuration it is used, is the greatest invention of my lifetime.  We can have our books in order to reread them if you like.  We can save some trees at the same time, too!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 76

I began reading eBooks with the purchase of the first generation Kindle.  Many years and two upgrades later, I haven't looked back.  Initially I was concerned I would miss the heft of a book in my hands and the act of turning pages - not at all!  As a matter of fact, when offered a book, I now politely decline and download the title to my Kindle.  In a past role, I traveled extensively; my Kindle was always in my carry-on and I've actually downloaded new books while waiting for the boarding process to finish ensuring reading material in-flight.  During a past move, I donated a majority of my books to charities thereby clearing space in my new home and life.  My (e)library is now always available.  The adaptive lighting of my Kindle Voyage allows me to read in the bright sun of a beach vacation or in a darkened room.  I am a complete Kindle convert!

Maura
Tags (3)
Kudos
Views